30

[Green Zone 0/3]

"A green zone. . ." (Y/n) muttered. She turned to Yoo Jonghyuk and asked, "How did you know about this place?"

"You don't have to know." (Y/n) just nods. She looked down on her wrist that Yoo Jonghyuk is still holding.

"Can you like. . . let go?" (Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows when he didn't remove his grip.

"You might run back to your friends. . . or to him rather. Can't have that, you need to answer my questions first— and there's no point in lying."

"Him? Questions? What?"

"Meow." (Y/n) looked at the green zone to see her cat laying there. It seems like he followed them.

"I won't run, there's a safe zone in front of me. I'm not stupid." Yoo Jonghyuk released his grip and (Y/n) rubbed her wrist like it had been burned.

Damn, what the hell was that grip? Her wrist is practically broken.

"Aren't you worried about them?"

He knew exactly how the (Y/n) in his previous regression would reply, but he knew the person in front of him would say something different. . .

"Why would I? Kim Dokja said he has a plan, I know they're safe."

His hunch is correct.

Was it already too late to pull her back on his side?

Yoo Jonghyuk stepped into the green zone.

[Green Zone 1/3]

"You said you have questions?" (Y/n) asked.

"Have you thought about what I said before?"

"I have. I want to know the reason for telling me that."

"You can have your memories back but there's something I want in exchange."

"I'm listening."

"Do you know what a companion is?"

"This again?" (Y/n) remembered her conversation with Kim Dokja not that long ago.

She sighed, "Yes. I know what it means."

"Become my companion. You can have your memories in exchange."

(Y/n) bit the inside of her cheek. Okay. . . that was extremely blunt. But that definitely can't happen.

"If you tell me more about it I might consider."

"You won't get anything out my mouth unless you give me the right answer."

(Y/n) gritted her teeth in anger and frustration, "Tch, there's no fooling you huh?"

"I can't be your companion. I already have one." She informed him.

Yoo Jonghyuk wasn't expecting that revelation. . .

"It's Kim Dokja wasn't it?"

"That is correct, I signed a contract and breaking the rules written on it could cost me my life. . . not sure why I signed that shit."

(Y/n) entered the green zone, standing at a distance from Yoo Jonghyuk— who is both disappointed and enraged.

"Quick question, you wont kill me right?" (Y/n) asked.

"What?"

"For refusing your offer." (Y/n) moved further away from him, close to the edge of the green zone.

"Why are you so far? It would be dangerous if you slipped."

(Y/n) gave him a wary look. Yea she does feel like she knew him. But still, she senses way too much power on him.

"I won't kill you."

(Y/n) awkwardly shifted closer to where he is standing.

"Careful now, you're trusting me too easily."

"Tch, bastard."

"You happen to trust him very much, I wonder why is that?" Yoo Jonghyuk asked.

"I don't know. Maybe we have gotten closer throughout the shits we've been through and he gained my trust along the way. " (Y/n) replied.

That. . . that statement just gave him an idea.

"Anymore questions?"

"The Yil Iron Cross, do you have it?"

"Yes. Yes I— holy shiiit-!"

Not so far from where (Y/n) is standing, she could see Kim Dokja running towards their direction, carrying Lee Gilyoung.

He was bruised and bloody from the monsters. (Y/n) winced when she saw a ground rat bit him.

"What the actual fuck. . ."

Kim Dokja saw the green zone, and was not expecting for it to be occupied by two people.

[ Green Zone 2/3 ]

“…”

"(Y/n)?"

"Sup."

Kim Dokja forgot about the monsters from behind him and stared at the two people in front of him.

Yoo Jonghyuk shouldn't be there. . . and (Y/n) shouldn't be there too.

“Hey.” He called to Yoo Jonghyuk who faced him. “Can’t you get out? You don’t even need to stay in here.”

“It is difficult. I am tired today.”

(Y/n)'s brain could not process what was happening for a second and then realized the severity of the situation.

"I can give you my spot."

"No!" Kim Dokja and Yoo Jonghyuk exclaimed.

Yoo Jonghyuk grabbed the back of her shirt and pulled her away from the edge of the green zone.

"You're staying here."

"Um. . . okay?"

Kim Dokja stared into Yoo Jonghyuk’s eyes. They spoke at almost the same time.

“Take the kid.”

“Give me the child.”

[Green Zone 3/3]

Kim Dokja moved Lee Gilyoung and the mark of the green zone changed. Now Lee Gilyoung was safe.

“Hyung! Wait a minute! Hyung!”

Kim Dokja swung his sword towards the ground rats.

"Hold on! Kim Dokja!!! Are you fucking suicidal?!"

"Do you have a death wish?!"

"Noona! Noona please help hyung!" (Y/n) turned to Lee Gilyoung— whom she didn't really like from the beginning.

But those pleading eyes. . .

'Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. What do I do? Oh God.'

"I won't die." Kim Dokja uttered. Still, Lee Gilyoung's pleads remains.

And (Y/n) was panicking.

"Shit," she cursed when she couldn't see Kim Dokja anymore.

"Noona! Please. . ."

"(Y/n). You will die if you go after him."

(Y/n) was reminded of the people in her life that she holds dear in her heart. She lost too many people already.

Not that Kim Dokja has a special place in her heart yet. Just. . .

"Fuck it," (Y/n) summoned her sword, Ikel, and got out of the green zone.

"(Y/n)!" Yoo Jonghyuk called out to her. He tried to held her back but is unable to, because he's keeping Gilyoung restrained.

"Meowww." That's Mr.Smile telling her that she's stupid.