19

(Y/n) was leaning behind the wall of the tunnel as chaos unfolds in the station. Her eyes were closed and her arms are crossed.

[The survival value will be settled.]

It was (Y/n)'s que to get back. There was the sound of popping all around her. Those who had coins survived. Those who failed to get coins were now dead.

She let out an amused chuckle and shook her head.

[ The constellation 'Tirek' says that you're a psychopath]

“Wake up, everybody.”

“This scenario has just begun.”

(Y/n) stared at Kim Dokja, this past few days that's what she's been doing, that's all she could do— wonder.

Wonder how he remains calm and know what is about to come.

She was scared, shit you would to if he says he knows your future and wanted to change it. That could only mean you had a terrible fate in front of you.

She didn't want to believe him at first, but as the days progresses, she realized that it's real. In that case, she was damned.

(Y/n) isn't one to believe in destiny, that's loads of bullcrap. But she can't risk it, there's someone waiting for her home.

The following morning, there were a few changes to Gumho Station. First of all, Han Myungoh had disappeared. He had hidden once the fighting started and disappeared after it ended. They didn’t know if he was hiding somewhere in the station or was moving to the next station.

“Let’s not worry about him now. I didn’t like him from the beginning. In addition, he isn’t the only one who disappeared.” It was as Jung Heewon said. After the fight yesterday, the number of people remaining in Gumho Station was almost nonexistent.

It wasn’t that there were few survivors. Rather, more people survived compared to the original plot. However, most of those who survived left the station last night. Perhaps they had their own reasons.

“…Will the remaining people be okay?” Yoo Sangah asked as she looked at the survivors.

Kim Dokja, (Y/n), Yoo Sangah, Lee Hyunsung, Lee Gilyoung and Jung Heewon. Apart from them, there were only five people left in this station.

Jung Heewon spoke first. “Hey everyone. Are you coming with us?”

The casual words caused a stir among the people. The representative was a young woman holding a child’s hand.

“…We will go separately. We have some coins left.”

"I wish you luck." It was (Y/n), which shocked Kim Dokja.

It may have sounded like an unsincere statement. But (Y/n) wouldn't say something like that to people she doesn't even know. And it also seems like she said it unconsciously.

-•-

The dokkaebi Bihyung was back. And Kim Dokja was surprised that it was talking to (Y/n).

It was a pointless conversation. But still, it's not likely to see someone talking with a dokkaebi so casually.

[ Many constellations has been supporting you even though you haven't selected a sponsor, lucky. ]

"Do you know what could be the reason?"

[ Hmm. . . either they want you to choose them in the next sponsor selection or they just like you ]

(Y/n) blinked twice, 'Let's mess with this dokkaebi' she thought.

"Tell them I don't have interest in beings I can't see."

[ Not like that, idiot! ]

(Y/n) cackled as steam came out of Bihyung's nose.

After a while, the journey to Chungmuro began.

They had crossed half the railroad lines when the system message popped up.

[The second main scenario is enabled.]

+

[Main Scenario #1 – Meeting]

Category: Main

Difficulty: E

Clear Conditions: Cross the tunnel and meet the survivors in the first main base.

Time Limit: None

Compensation: 500 coins

Failure: ???

+

“The main base? Where is that?” Jung Heewon asked the closest to her, (Y/n)— who has no idea.

"Ask Kim Dokja, he knows everything," (Y/n) replied.

Kim Dokja from beside (Y/n) chuckled at this. "Chungmuro." He simply said.

"Chungmuro? It is only three more stops…”

Ku ku ku ku!

The ground rats appeared. There were around 30 ground rats.

“I’ll take the vanguard.” Lee Hyunsung came forward along with (Y/n).

"I'll help." She said. She took out the Iron Cross and Kim Dokja was holding back his laugh.

Man, this is gonna be funny.

"Sword!" (Y/n) shouted, striking the cross downward but the sword didn't appear.

An awkward silence. . . except Kim Dokja, his hand was covering his mouth to stop himself from laughing. But it was funnier when she did it beside Yoo Jonghyuk who was wearing a deadpan expression.

"Sword!" (Y/n) tried again. Nothing came out.

"Bow!" She shouted.

(Y/n) trying to summon the weapons in her cross was arguably one of the funniest scenes in Ways of Survival.

"How do you turn this thing on?" (Y/n) started pressing the gems in the cross.

"Superman!" She raised the cross in the air, doing the Superman pose.

"Spiderman!" She posed as Spiderman.

[ The constellation 'Celestia' is cringing at your failed attempt to summon the weapons ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' is laughing his ass off ]

[ The constellation 'Serpent of Eden' is suffering from second-hand embarrassment]

[ The constellation 'Tirek' says that it is painful to watch]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' is thorn between laughing or sympathize with you ]

[ The constellation 'Chrysalis' claimed that you aren't ready to use the weapon yet ]

. . .

"(Y/n)-ssi, try to swallow it and shout 'Darna!'" Jung Heewon suggested.

(Y/n) smiled at her, "Good suggestion."

She handed the cross to her and said, "Why don't you try it?"

Jung Heewon gulped, "It's too big."

"No shit."

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' is on the floor, laughing]

[ The constellation 'Tirek' is shaking his head ]