87

HAE AERA, YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 87

"I stepped on dog shit while writing this chapter." The author washed her slipper with water.

-•-

Loud sobbing was heard throughout the area, it has caught the attention of (Y/n) and her group.

Jung Minseob has a panicked expression on his face and rushed to where the cries are coming from.

(Y/n) raises an eyebrow when Mr.Smile wriggled out of her grasp and followed Jung Minseob.

"What..." She muttered, turning her head to look at Kim Dokja who is already looking at her, wearing an equally confused expression.

Kim Dokja decided to follow due to curiosity and the rest followed him as well, of course (Y/n) had no choice but to do the same.

When he reached the cause of the commotion, he stiffened, eyes wide open, and jaw hitting the floor.

Jung Heewon muttered, "W-Wait a minute... isn't that...?"

"A-Auntie! Auntie!" A kid was latching onto the lifeless body on the ground like his life depended on it, Jung Minseob was trying to get him separated from the corpse.

Mr.Smile was nudging her with his head. And another cat was licking her cheek.

Kim Dokja gulped when he saw (Y/n) in his peripheral vision.

"What's with the..."

Her eyes widen monetarily before rushing towards the woman who has half her body burnt.

"A-Aera?"

She inspected her face, touching it delicately as though she was made of glass. Her hands were now covered in blood but it didn't matter.

She was shaking tremendously, "Aera..."

"Aera! What the— why— I..."

A tear ran down her right eye.

"Fuck! Fuck! This— what?" She chuckled, her voice filled with shock, disbelief... pain.

"(Y/n)-nim? Do you know Aera?" Jung Minseob asked, but (Y/n) couldn't answer, she was just... crying.

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' is wiping her tears with her hands ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' offers his condolences ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' feels heavy about your tragic reunion ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' is looking at you sympathetically ]

"(Y/n)..."

"We have to return to Chungmuro..." Kim Dokja looks down at the ground.

Hae Aera was not in the novel. If she was then she might still be alive. She is very important to (Y/n), and for her to meet Aera again in this way...

She looks so broken.

Kim Dokja crouched down, hugging her from behind as she cries her heart out, muttering comforting words in an attempt to calm her down.

"No wait... wait a minute... I-Is she a prophet?"

"No. Her husband is."

"Husband...?"

"Where is her husband?" She asks, Jung Minseob looked down, which gives (Y/n) the answer she's looking for.

Her gaze landed on the still sobbing child who was looking at her with wide eyes.

"Then, that child...?"

"Their adopted son, yes."

"I'm sorry for your loss, kid," Dion muttered in her head.

As (Y/n) was wiping down her tears, the little boy muttered...

"M-Mom?"

-•-

Dear (Y/n),

This letter is written for when I find the courage to approach you and give this to you in person.

I have been a bad friend. And I'm sorry for that, I was scared, I fear for my life and as result, yours becomes a mess.

I followed you in America after your accident— an accident that I'm quite positive was intended. I've been the doctor in charge of your recovery, and... I was the one who performed the memory erasure— your father wanted to make sure that you remembered nothing, but I can't do that, so only parts of a big puzzle went missing. Your memories for the past couple of years.

Zuyokiro, that bastard, he was fortunately sent to prison after the police traced the evidences of the murders to him. But I'm sure you have no recollections of my confession.

Your father wanted to get rid of your child, and I thought it would be impossible for your baby to live considering the damage done to your body— it is possible but it only occurs once in a blue moon.

Guess what? You did give birth to a child. A miracle baby, and I named him after your favorite book character, Kenji— I'm sorry for taking that privilege from you but he has to have a name.

I went back to Korea to hide from your father and I brought him along with me. I can't have my own child so I and my husband treat him like our own— but even if we did have another child, we would still treat Kenji as ours.

Kenji knows about you, and his situation. He is a smart boy, and very understanding.

It breaks my heart whenever he looks at your pictures and reads the articles written about you and your success in your chosen profession knowing that you aren't aware that he exists.

He really looks up to you. And I tried many times to reach out to you but... I didn't have the heart to ruin your peaceful life. Nor do I have the strength to face you after tampering with your memories and helping Zuyokiro with all the shits way back.

I've always known there was something wrong with that saint-like bitch— turns out he is a spawn of hell.

Kenji, he tells me that seeing you smiling on screen was enough for him and that he didn't want to come into your life unexpectedly and change everything.

I ask myself sometimes if he's really your child, but then I look at his face and find the answer to that. He's just very sweet and kind... and you're definitely not so it's hard to not doubt his identity.

I really don't know how to end this letter. So, I sincerely apologize for my contributions to making your life a mess.

I wish for your never-ending happiness...

And I love you.

As a friend, you idiot. I have a husband. And I'm not a lesbian. I know what you're thinking.

Ps. I know you hate kids, but treat your son kindly, bitch, that's your flesh and blood.

Your dearest friend,
Hae Aera