64

GREEDY AND DESPICABLE HEART
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 64

"Here is a relatively meaningless yet somewhat significant chapter because I fell down the fucking stairs, trying to sneak into the goddamn kitchen to have a snack to relieve some stress because I swear I will drop dead before vacation if my teachers would not stop giving us projects and loads of school works before the motherfucking exams. So I wrote this chapter to take a break from staring into my laptop and writing shits on my modules... because my whole body, especially my back, hurts. Enjoy." - Sacheii

-•-

(Y/n) (L/n) most definitely relish seeing  Kang Ilhun's expression morphed into one of shock, disbelief, and disappointment.

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' has fainted ]

[ The constellation 'Celestia' moved out of the way where the construction 'Princess of Self-Ruin' is about to fall ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' has opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate this happy occasion ]

[ The constellation 'Chrysalis' is selling polaroids of (Y/n) (L/n) kissing Kim Dokja's cheek ]

[ A number of constellations have bought the polaroids ]

[ 5, 000 coins has been sponsored ]

[ The constellation 'Tirek' is complaining about the lack of his otp moments ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' was dragged by the constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' to the little celebration ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' has shared the event to '(your ship name with kdj) shippers' federation' ]

[ 800 coins has been sponsored ]

[ The constellation 'Ruler of Lithurgia' has breathed out a sigh ]

[ 10,000 coins has been sponsored ]

[ The constellation 'Ruler of Lithurgia' says that they are going to get bankrupt with all these bets and deals regarding your love life, they don't even know why they are agreeing to place bets in the first place ]

[ The members of '(your ship name with kdj) shippers' federation' are in utter chaos ]

[ 35, 000 coins has been sponsored ]

. . .

'What the fuck? (Your ship name with kdj) shippers' federation? Thirty-five fucking thousand coins? Jesus Christ, How many members does that group have?'

"I didn't expect that you're taken, pretty miss."

(Y/n) was about to spat a witty and very much rude response when Kim Dokja pulls her closer to him.

"Don't we look like a couple? A married couple,"  He asks with a challenging raised eyebrow, emphasizing the word 'married'.

Mr.Smile nearly fell off (Y/n)'s head, he hissed and decided to get down on the ground— for his own safety.

"They bicker like one too," Jung Heewon snorts. Internally squealing at the current situation and resisting the urge to murder a certain someone.

Dion was quick enough to put an illusion marriage ring on Kim Dokja's finger— (Y/n) wore the ring as a necklace. Of course, the two hadn't noticed this.

"Weird, I don't see any ri— oh." Kang Ilhun was not convinced that the two are married so he was surprised to see the rings when he began searching for them, he had not noticed them earlier.

His disappointment had increased tenfold and he is openly showing it which Kim Dokja found infuriating.

If looks could kill, Kang Ilhun would've dropped to the ground, lifeless.

"I believe the discussion from earlier hasn't been disclosed yet, isn't that right, mon amour?" (Y/n) turned to Kim Dokja.

Kim Dokja flushed at the endearment, he did not have to learn French to know what it means. He nods, "Yes."

‘My love’

That's what Mon Amour means. Everyone knows that it is a very common French endearment.

But (Y/n) doesn't use foreign endearments in the novel...

「 "My, if I didn't know any better I'd think you want us to kiss, darling." 」

「 "Get yourself out of the club if you can't take the heat, sweetheart." 」

「 "I know I look like an angel who descended from heaven, Jonghyuk. But I don't play nice, you know this, hun." 」

「 "I would never lose my life for you, stop worrying, dear." 」

「 "Sica, I really don't mean to sound rude but you aren't making any sense, sugar." 」

She had not— even once — used a foreign endearment, not to Yoo Jonghyuk, not to Sica, not to Zuyokiro, not to anyone even though she is fluent in various languages.

It made Kim Dokja's heart flutter like crazy for the reason that he felt so goddamn special.

Then it seemed to have skipped a beat, his blood circulation halting for a split second when he felt her lips on his nose and their hands intertwined.

"Let's continue with the chat, yea?" She smiles at him and cupped his cheek with her free hand. Her touch was full of gentleness.

Kim Dokja does not know how he managed to keep standing, he feels as though he would melt any moment, being at the receiving end of (Y/n)'s affection.

It was something that he believed he would only ever experience in his dreams, because (Y/n) (L/n) is a person made out of words— words on his fucking phone screen.

He had long admitted to himself that he liked her. He had always been jealous of Yoo Jonghyuk, whom (Y/n) poured all of the love she could give.

He was jealous of Sica and the other characters who had the amenity to call (Y/n) theirs and (Y/n) to focus her attention on— even if it's just for a short period of time or even if everything was fake or just for distraction.

He had always wanted to be the person that (Y/n) (L/n) loves, he wanted to experience the things that the other characters felt when (Y/n) acts like they were the center of her world— when she treats them differently than the others.

At some point he wanted to be Yoo Jonghyuk, the protagonist who had caught (Y/n)'s undivided attention and inevitably— her heart as well.

She is someone who loves with all her heart. No matter what she does or who she 'uses' to distract herself and to obliterate the feelings she has— her 'greedy and despicable' heart as she calls it — refuses to speak another person's name other than Yoo Jonghyuk.

He had wanted them to be together at first. But seeing her get hurt over and over again while she stand beside her companion, fighting alongside him, and protecting him, loving him knowing that he wouldn't reciprocate her feelings... it had destroyed those thoughts over time.

He often rambles about how Yoo Jonghyuk had been so blind and so damn stupid.

He had once commented that (Y/n) should divert her love for someone who would love her back— because she deserves it, maybe a new character, or perhaps Sica to be her endgame— but the story continues to progress and her character terribly perished for a just as much terrible reason, vanishing for several chapters before Yoo Jonghyuk remembers her. 

So now that everything has become a reality, she becomes a reality, and she was showing him the tender warmth and fondness he yearns for... he couldn't help but want more.

It was never his intention to fall in love with her. He should've known that it would be this easy to fall oh so deeply for someone that he has pre-existing feelings for.

And suddenly he found himself preventing her from falling in love with a certain sunfish bastard not only so she could avoid her terrible fate...

But because he couldn't bear the thoughts of seeing her with him— or anyone else for that matter. Blame it on his very much the same 'greedy and despicable' heart just as she claims to have.