75

DARK HUMOR IS A WAY TO COPE
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 75

After the talk, (Y/n), Jung Heewon, Lee Hyunsung, and Kim Dokja gathered in the accommodations provided by Lee Sungkook.

[You have used the benefits of the navy flag.]

[From now on, you can use the ‘group chat’ with the group members.]

Kim Dokja briefly explained to them about what happened today. Jung Heewon vaguely noticed but Lee Hyunsung was surprised.

—Oh my god, it is unbelievable. They know part of the future… that’s why Dokja-ssi is acting as Yoo Jonghyuk?

—Yes.

—(Y/n)-ssi is also in the revelation. Are they really soulmates?

—They are not soulmates.

—M'kay.

–… Then we should stay here for the moment. We need to find out more information about them…

–Nope.

–Huh?

–Today I will take care of them.

He looked at Jung Heewon and said.

–I’m sorry Jung Heewon-ssi.

–It's okay… I am just a bit hurt.

— . . .

—I’m just joking. Isn’t Dokja-ssi playing a gangster right now? If you are sorry, let me deal with that jerk from before.

—Yea, Dokja. Let her beat his ass.

"Hey," (Y/n) whispered. Kim Dokja turned towards her, raising an eyebrow.

"What are you planning to do with that kid?" She asked in a hushed tone.

—Free him from the hypnosis.

(Y/n) nods, "How exactly?"

—Mental Awakening Medicine

"Dion," (Y/n) muttered her familiar's name. The serpent knew what she was going to ask.

"I can free him from the hypnosis. Just have to get inside his mind, direct eye contact since his mind is under the control of someone else."

Don't buy the medicine. Dion will take care of it.

-•-

"Goddamn, we're like spies," (Y/n)'s first acquired ability, Chameleon, is in use while Kim Dokja was using 'Recluse’s Cloak’ that could maintain absolute stealth for twenty minutes.

"Let's go."

They melt into the darkness. They passed by the drowsy guards and arrived at Han Donghoon’s tent. There was Sound Wave Blocking around the tent so they weren't worried about anyone overhearing once they entered.

They carefully opened the tent and saw a boy sitting at the keyboard alone. The dark circles were thicker than they were in the daytime.

A solitary boy commenting alone. The Prophets had turned this boy into a worn-out machine. A propaganda machine that manipulated the future by scattering information that mixed fiction with truth. It didn’t have much effect right now but the value of this boy would grow over time.

(Y/n) nods at Kim Dokja. He quietly approached from behind and blocked his mouth. Han Donghoon gasped and struggled, but it was impossible to resist with a level 10 strength.

Kim Dokja forced Han Donghoon to face (Y/n) whose eyes reflected the white serpent. It was Dion breaking inside his mind.

Sometime after, Han Donghoon’s eyes changed. The Hypnosis effect was loosened and the boy’s sense of reason started to return.

“U-Uhh, what…”

Han Donghoon stepped back while holding the flag in his hand. Kim Dokja watched the flag closely and deliberately stepped away, dragging (Y/n) with him.

“Don’t worry. We're not here to snatch the flag.”

“Uh-Uwah, ah…”

"You’re smart so you should understand right away. If we wanted to harm you, we wouldn’t have released Hypnosis.”

“T-T-Then.”

“We want to be friends.”

(Y/n) did a fucking double take. "What in the hell. . ."

"I hate kids," (Y/n) grumbled.

"That's not true, you like Gilyoung," Kim Dokja argued.

"Well yes, he's an exemption. Besides, I don't want to be an evil stepmother or some shit."

"What?"

"You're basically his father, so of course that makes me his mother. Unless you have someone else in mind, do you?" (Y/n) narrowed her eyes at him, internally laughing at the face he was making.

"What?! No!"

"I was just kidding, chill."

"Well, I wasn't."

(Y/n) blinked a couple of times before a tinge of pink emerged from her ears.

"Ugh, fuck..."

[ The constellation 'Serpent of Eden' is snickering at your flustered state ]

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' says that it's over, it's definitely (your ship name with kdj) endgame ]

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' is clutching her chest ]

[ 500 coins has been sponsored ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' says that they aren't official yet ]

[ The constellation 'Tirek' is nodding at the constellation 'Secretive Plotter' ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' gasped in realization ]

[ The constellation 'Celestia' is confused, she says that they kissed already ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' is asking who's gonna tell the constellation 'Celestia' ]

[ The constellation 'Ruler of Lithurgia' says that human relationships are so complicated ]

[ The constellation 'Serpent of Eden' says that when two people kiss that doesn't mean they're in a relationship ]

[ The constellation 'Celestia' says that it's awful, why would you kiss someone without the thought of marriage ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' is asking if the constellation 'Celestia' has been living under a rock ]

[ The constellation 'Ruler of Lithurgia' says that it isn't the eighteenth hundred anymore, kissing before marriage or relationships isn't the only thing normalized and they are mortified ]

"U-Uhh..."

"Oh shit, I forgot you were here for a moment," Han Donghoon deadpan.

Is it hard to speak directly? If you don’t mind, I’d like to talk through this.” Kim Dokja raises his smartphone.

"I still can't believe that your phone withstood the shits we've gotten through. My phone is dead as hell, like my mother."

Kim Dokja turned towards her with an unreadable expression, Han Donghoon doing the same.

"What? We all have trauma, dark humor is a way to cope."