05

SPECIAL SCENARIO: MONSTER HUNTING
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 05

[ You have entered a special scenario zone ]

+

[ Special Scenario – Monster Hunting ]

Category: Special

Difficulty: ???

Clear Conditions: The mythical creatures from all around the world are summoned to kill you. Take them down or escape.

Time Limit: 6 days

Compensation: 25,000 coins, A mystery item, Replica of the Legendary Sword of Goddess Ada of Lithurgia, 3 healing potions, Monster cores.

Failure : Death

+

[ Accept - Dismiss]

[ Accept > Dismiss ]

(Y/n) accepted the challenge, because she was an idiot and the rewards seems to be decent.

[ You accepted to be a participant in the untested Special Scenario ]

". . . Untested?"

(Y/n) felt the ground shake, she stumbled forward and then back. "What the heck?" she muttered in disbelief as tombstones appeared on the once clear landscape.

The appearance of the place slowly shifted into a graveyard, the moon was blood red and she could hear the howling of wolves from far away.

"Feels like we're in a horror movie, Mr.Smile." instead of receiving a seemingly bored meow, she was met with silence.

"Mr. Smile. . .?" she called out to her cat, and still, there was no answer. She has only realized that her head feels light, not because she drank alcohol but because the cat wasn't laying on top of it. She placed a hand on her head just to be sure, there was no Mr. Smile.

"Well fuck." she cursed. A loud shout rang throughout the area.

-•-

“Will I let go of this hand or won’t I?” Yoo Jonghyuk asked Kim Dokja, who was about to be ichthyosaur food.

"Haah, you two really are quite similar." Kim Dokja spoke, it was supposed to stay on his mind. "What are you—" Yoo Jonghyuk's question was disrupted by a rather loud 'meow'.

The two men looked in the direction of where the sound came from.

"Mr.Smile?" Kim Dokja uttered, the cat looked at him with unimpressed eyes.

"That's (Y/n)'s pet. Why is he here?"

"Meow. Meoowww meow."

'Can omniscient reader work on an animal? He is still a character in the novel, right?' Kim Dokja asked himself and tried the skill on the animal.

'If you didn't drag her like a damn sack of cotton, I wouldn't have fallen off her head and stayed behind.'

Kim Dokja was partially shocked. 'How did he cross the bridge then?'

He felt the Yoo Jonghyuk's hand tighten and raised him up in the air even more.

“Yoo Jonghyuk.”

“I will tell you two things first.”

“…What?”

“One, I’m not your subordinate. So I hope you will treat me fairly from now on.”

“…”

“Two, I will cooperate with you but you also have to promise to cooperate with me.”

Yoo Jonghyuk looked at him with interest and nodded.