The Hollow Child

After the events of the fishing trip and the whole thing at the studio, Bendy was happy to finally get some rest. As he sprawled himself out on the couch when he spotted Vivian coming up to him.

Vivian: Hey, Dad.

Bendy: Oh, heavy sweetheart. What's up?

Vivian: Well, it's just that I've been in a bit of a bored slump lately, so I was wondering if you wanted to do something.

Bendy: Oh, uh.....

The Overlord looked from side to side nervously, trying to explain this as subtle as he could. But Vivian saw the way their father's eyes movd and immediately became sad.

Vivian: You don;t want to do anything, do you?

Bendy: What, no. It's just that.... I'm just tired from this long weekend, hon. Why not invite your friends over?

Vivian: I can't. Sydney has weekend detention and Cheshire went back to Greed to visit family.

Bendy: Oh shit, I'm sorry.

Vivian: *sigh* It's okay, I'll just.... Be alone with Iggy in my room or something.

Vivian hung her head down as she trudged her way back to their room. Bendy sat up as he watched his child walk out of the suite, a guilt filling his heart.

Bendy: Well, that's nice, sweetheart. Go have fun and not think about your crippling sadness.

*nervous laughing, sighs* I feel like such a jerk.

As he slumped a bit on the couch, Bendy heard the door open, Charlie coming in with a bag full of groceries.

Charlie: Hey Ben Ben, I got groceries! *notices his expression* Hey, what's wrong?

Bendy: My own daughter asked me to spend time with her. And I blatantly told her 'No' right to her face. *sigh* I'm such a dick dad.

Charlie: *sets groceries down* Hey, don't talk like that, you just need some time to relax. You're an amazing father, Bendy.

Bendy: That's what I want to think, really. But there's no such thing as a perfect parent. When we adopted Vivian, I promised to myself I'd be a better dad than my Dad. To support Vivian's choices and back up her decisions. But with all these adventures, I guess I kind of neglect that.

Charlie: Bendy, please. Vivian loves you so much. It's because of you she's a part of our family, she loves all 5 of us, but she idolizes you. And you know why you're a better father than Alastor?

Bendy looked his wife in the eye as oif to question her as she smiled and kissed him.

Charlie: Because you're there for her.

The Ink Demon smiled and hugged Charlie, causing Charlie to smile and hug her husband back.

Bendy: Thanks, Charlie.

Charlie: Anytime. Now, help me with the groceries?

With a nod, Bendy and Charlie walked up to the counter to put away the groceries in the kitchenette, only for Charlie to look in the bag and frown.

Charlie: Ah, shit!

Bendy: What, what's wrong?

Charlie: *sigh* I forgot to get milk and the grocery store I went to is halfway across town.

Bendy: I can go get the milk for you.

Charlie: Really? Oh, thank you Bendy. *hands him Soullix* Here, this should be enough. The store is on Stamper and Tomar, you know where that is?