33

After Remus had told his friends that he wanted to speak with his Mother and Fenrir alone, he walked after his mother and Fenrir into the kitchen. They were busy with making the tea, which slightly disturbed Remus. Just the sight of Fenrir and his mother being all close like this was extremely bothersome. All his life, he's been told that Fenrir was the person who ruined his life and now he hears from his own mother that it wasn't fully Fenrir's fault, it was his dad's! And that his mother actually hung out with him. 

"Was there anything else that you failed to mention about my... well my life in general? Are there other things I don't know about? Like is Lyall my father? Or am I secretly Fenrir's biological son?" Remus asked, a bit rudely. But what did anyone expect? He was lied to all his life, now he didn't know how to look at it anymore. Hope turned around as she lightly patted his shoulder. 

"I know you're upset honey, but what was I supposed to say? That your father, the man who should have had your back, had used you and me as a shield to protect himself? How can anyone even begin to start that sentence with their own child?" Hope asked. Of course, Remus knew that she was right about the whole thing. Remus lightly brushed his hair. 

"But why didn't you tell me when I was older?" 

"We thought it would be too late to switch your mindset around." Fenrir explained. Remus shook his head. 

"And the whole giving my wife those flowers and poem? Did you really have to do that?" Remus asked. Hope groaned while shaking her head while Fenrir gave him an are-you-kidding-me look at him.

"Remus you were so lost in this idea that because you were a werewolf, no one would want to be with you, we felt we had to do something. So Fenrir told me what kind of flowers she likes so I could go out and buy them and he stayed home forming the poem." Hope explained. Remus slowly shot Fenrir a look as Fenrir gave him a smug look. 

"That's right. The savage werewolf has a soft spot for poetry." Fenrir proudly stated with a light nod of his head. Remus shook his head before he lightly hugged his mother, knowing that even though she did this behind his back, he knew she did it to help him. 

"I can't believe Fenrir and Hope were actually behind getting me and Remus together." Tonks whispered while shaking her. Hermione leaned against Scabior, who wrapped his arm around her waist for support. 

"I think it's sweet." Ginny commented as she had her daydreaming look, probably thinking of how Molly and Arthur had dropped hints about Ginny and Harry getting together. Hermione nodded. 

"I believe it was necessary. I mean think about, poor Remus has this idea that he's unloveable so even he is clearly in love with Tonks, he felt she could never him back because of his condition. So Hope and Fenrir did what they thought would help get Remus out of his shell." Hermione explained the situation. 

"Yeah, I'm not complaining about it. I mean without them, Remus and I wouldn't have gotten together. It's the fact that it was Fenrir, who had helped. The man, who the whole world had marked a monster, actually is secretly a softie. It leaves you wondering if the world hadn't treated him or others like him badly, what he could have become." Tonks stated to them, "I mean look at Scabior here. He was a low-life scum but when given the chance to better himself, he did so in a heartbeat." 

"Also I didn't want to stay in Azkaban." Scabior claimed. Everyone started to chuckle till Hermione paused when her eyes landed on something outside. She stood up and made her way towards the window. 

"What is it, Hermione?" Harry asked while he lightly nudged Ginny off so he could get up and walk over to her. Hermione peered closer to the window as she watch as something black was heading towards them. At first she thought it could be a bird or something, until she noticed how fast it was heading towards them. Her eyes widened as she grabbed Harry's sleeve. 

"Get down!" She screamed. Just as she pushed Harry to the ground, glass shattered over them all while it cried out they were under attack.