Chapter 43: what I was back then vs what I am trying to be now

No one's Pov.

Three days has passed and everything hasn't been the same. Shinobu,Aoi, Kanao, all the hellfire residents, even Tengen and Sanemi was staying at the butterfly mansion while Jackson and Ubuyashiki talk in there manor. The three butterfly girls, Mitsuri, Obanai, and the other Hashira don't know about Mengs current situation.

But the tension broke with Aoi putting rice balls in a bag and walking out of the manner. Aoi where are you going? Shinobu asked as she was infront of Aois way. I'm just going to drop some food off to Meng. Aoi said as she held the bag up. But Shinobu only sighs as she gave Aoi a serious excpression. Im sorry but after what we learned no one is allowed to see him. Shinobu stated as Aoi had a look of disbelief. I'm not changing my perspective of him because of something he did in the past. Aoi stated as Shinobu took the bag. It's an order. Shinobu stated as Aoi just tried to keep her temper under control.

Aoi then went back inside where she was hitting a sand bag that Mrs chunhua made for her to condition her fist. But it was also a great stress receiver for Aoi to burn off some steam. But she stopped as she notices Kanao entering her room. How are you? Kanao asked as Aoi just punches the sand bag hard. A little stressed but other wise I'm good*Wham*sh sh sh*. Aoi then punched the bag so hard that a few grains of it fell out. Anything from him? Aoi asked as Kanao shook her head. I have sent 3 letters each per day but he hasn't responded. Kanao stated as she sat on a chair and Aoi just sighs.

Aoi: I can't believe we can't see him. He is still our friend we should be allow to talk to him.

Aoi complained as Kanao looked down with a blank excpression. It's master orders. Meng is a probable threat to us an- I can't believe it. Aoi cut Kanao off as she sat down on her bed. So your just gonna be like everyone else and hate Meng? Aoi asked as Kanao looked offended. We don't hate Meng. I don't hate Meng. Kanao explains as she puts her hand on her chest.

Aoi then shook her head in disbelief as she leaned in. Shinobu and Meng were so close. But after she read those files she didn't hesitate to run her sword in his wrist. For all we know he is probably seriously injured. Aoi stated as Kanao remembered the event. the wind pillar and Meng had a great friend ship. But where was that friend ship when he attempted to kill him. Aoi explained as she made a slashing movement with her hand. Meng respected the sound pillar like a brother But Mr Uzui was willing to kill him anyways. That is just messed up Kanao. Aoi stated as she and Kanao made serious eye contact.

But the tension broke as Aoi continues on. And I can tell that Meng could have fought back. he wouldn't have been that weak to end the figth there. Aoi stated as she then had a flashback of Mengs eyes. Those werent the eyes of a killer Kanao....those were eyes of a frigthend boy. Aoi explained as Kanao bent down and rubbed her face. Meng is still a possible threat and Master is just trying to keep us safe. Kanao stated as Aoi just looked down in disbelief.

She then exited the room leaving Kanao alone. But what she didn't realize was that Shinobu was on the roof listening to every single word Aoi just said about her. While Sanemi and Tengen were in the other room just speechless. Sanemi had a blank and tired look while Tengen was sharpening the swords that he gave to Meng.

But what they didn't know was that Meng wasn't just sitting home all day and was waiting for things to be fine. During one of those three days in a small town to the west. A man and his wife was being robbed by a mugger with a knife. Just give me the pearls lady. The man demanded as the women was scared for her life. Someone help! The husband begged as the mugger just swung his knife. Shut up there is no one hear so just run your pockets. The mugger demanded as he took the women's purse and ripped her pearls off.