Chapter 44: The truth about how they met

Disclaimer: due to the creator of the Manga never mentioning the first and third form of the flower breathing technique I decided to creat them. Just wanna point that out before we continue.

No one's Pov.

Shinobu's haori was hanging on a dry rack as she was sitting on the counter with Mengs green crop hoodie on her head while he was making jasmine tea for her and Kanao. But what they didn't realize was that someone else was hiding in a certain part of the hellfire estate with a bag in hand and waiting til Meng is alone. Meng then set down the tea cup for Shinobu as Kanao took her cup. I'ma close your room up so your stuff won't get wet*chu* you two talk. Kanao stated as she gave Meng a kiss on the cheek and then left leaving him and Shinobu alone.

Shinobu then took the cup as she looks down at her reflection. It's gonna get cold. Meng whispers as shinobu sipped her tea. She then looked up at Meng and realised how the news effected him. He looks so drained. Shinobu thought to herself as Meng took out a pink journal with Kanaes initials. Where did you get this? Shinobu asked as she was handed the journal. I found it in the files. Ubuyashiki saved it in there because it had something to do with me. Meng stated as Shinobu looked at the writing. This is my sisters writing. She smiled as Meng nodded. Your sister taught me how to write and read some forms of Japanese but I was still bad at it. Meng states as Shinobu was going thru the pages. Take your time with it. Meng whispers as he poured another cup.

But Shinobu puts down the book as she was walking towards Meng. She then slowly wrapped her arms around him and started to apolgize. I'm sorry for calling you those things. Shinobu apolgized as Meng gently grabbed her arms and broke the hug. I'm not seeking an apology. Noir am I asking for forgiveness. Meng stated as Shinobu looked at him in shocked. I was going thru the files. And judging by my past I would only leave certain amount of people alive. Meng stated he got up. So that means I killed those people for a reason. But even if I had a reason that doesn't excuse of what I was. Meng stated as he opens the door. Your allow to be angry, your allow to hate me, your even allow to kill me I wouldn't mind. Meng stated as he turns to Shinobu. But you should never control other people for your own beliefs. Meng stated as he then exits the room.

But before he closed the door he gave one advice for Shinobu. I didn't read that book yet. So could you please tell me after your done. Meng asked as he then closes the door. Shinobu then looked at the book with sadness as she rubs the initials. Please tell me how you met him. Shinobu begged as she starts reading.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Flashback

Kanaes Pov.

I first remembered meeting Meng on a mission. I was walking down the city where there was a sighting of a very dangerous demon that the corps was after for a very long time. Master even had a certain description of him. Look for a demon with a skull mask with a black trench coat and bring him back to base. I repeated to myself as I tried to remember masters orders. He also told me if these rumors are true then I should call for backup. But I'm sure a hashira like myself can handle a single demon. Plus at the same time I at least want to make friends with this demon first. because if we had an alley in the corps then we can end this era of violence once and for all. Ahhhhhhh!!!

Suddenly I heard a scream which made me pick up the pace. Oh my God./How gruesome./Who would do such a thing? A few by standard poitned out as The crowd of people grew larger. Oh shit!!/there is another killer in the city!!/ Were doomed!! As soon as I pushed my way thru the crowd I saw the most gruesome sigh that made Demon attacks look like a school bully fight.