It's Over (Part II)

Dewanye P.O.V

I felt Tracey move closer to me as I unwrapped my arms for her waist. It was damn near 11 p.m., I needed to go home and get ready for work and school tomorrow. Why did I let her get one over on me?

I hope she doesn't think this magically changes the issues we have. Just because we had sex, doesn't mean I won't drop her out of my life if she continues
to try me like on of her simple minded ass friends. While I am still confused by her saying all that shit earlier, a nigga can't deny the pussy.

I know I gotta talk to her because I don't really want any drama to continue to pop off this year, we got more shit to worry about, like finalizing college decisions, senior activities, and trying to get the hell out of high school. Since this something that effect us, I don't want to deal with unnecessary pettiness.

I looked over at her sleeping soundly and sighed in frustration. Why would you accuse me of cheating? I wish she would just see she's the one I love at the end of the day and I wouldn't disrespect her like that.

While I was in my thoughts my phone lit up. When I went to check my notifications it was just a damn instagram live notification. I really hated receiving those and no matter how many times I disabled the notification in my settings I still get them.

Looking at the time, I forced myself to put my pants and shirt back on to leave. Damn, I wish I would have brought all my shit so I could have just stayed the night. But I didn't plan on even wanting to stay this bad.

I went over to Tracey a gently shook her, so I could ask her to let me in if I came back. But despite my efforts, I couldn't get her up, she was sleeping soundly like she just took a dose of Nyquil. More like a dose of Dickquil.

Last time I was here, she was so loud her neighbor came and knocked on the door afterwards saying we had to keep it down or she was gon call the feds. I understood her frustration, but trying to get Tracey quiet especially when she knew her mom wasn't home was impossible. I told the neighbor I apologize and we would do the best to keep it down, but she caught an attitude. Personally, I think she just mad because her man don't make her scream like that. But that's nun of my bidness tho. ☕

None my efforts were successful in waking her up, so I just decided to leave. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and her crib, headed back home. I knew she wouldn't be mad that I left, but I prayed we could put these arguments behind us and I prove her wrong, show her that I'm all about her, and I'm not out here being dishonest.

Zaria Pov

On my way home I kept tryna map out my next move. How am I possibly gonna explain me losing my job? My biggest hope was that I didn't have to say anything at all, but I know how invasive my mom can be. She's probably going to wring my neck when she finds out!

I know even if I explain myself, she won't even believe me. It's super frustrating when parents even try to. believe you, but I guess I should be used to it. Oh well.

I put in my headphones and listened to J Howell's new album, Red Room. I hummed along, until the bus came. I hoped today the bus wouldn't have too many people on it, for some reason that made me uncomfortable. But even so, I didn't have any other options, I couldn't afford to catch a Lyft or Uber, my friends were at work, and there was no one my mom or sister would come get me.

My mom refuses to be seen in public with her darker "mistake" child and my sister doesn't even claim me, I either walk or take the bus.

The bus arrived and thankfully it wasn't too full. I sat down and looked out the window. Two people crossed my mind, and it made my heart ache in my chest; my grandma and my dad.

I wish I still had them here with me, especially at this moment. I feel like if I could call my grandma right now she'd be able to motivate me, and if my dad was here he could stand for me to my mom. The duality of them, created a nurturing place for me, away from all the drama. Losing them was the hardest thing, because I felt like the only true allies I had in my entire family left me.

As my bus ride came to an end, I thanked the driver before getting off.

When I made it to my house thankfully I didn't my see mom's car. I rushed in and pulled out what I was going to prepare. Today, I was going to prepare thin ribeye steak, with butter and herb mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls and my granny's apple pie for dessert. I turned my music up on my phone all the way sat it on the counter and began dancing and cooking. Once I did a cha- cha across the kitchen to get the seasonings and moonwalked to the stove to place the steak in there.

Once I seasoned the steak, I decided to slow cook it in the oven so I could start getting ready for my shower.  I decided to change into a oversized sweater and some yoga pants because at night this place is a cold as the ice age. Once I hopped in the shower, I let my muscles relax.  When I am in the shower I sing. I can't help it, singing in the shower is just an essential to like. On the real, I probably dropped 4 albums and 2 mixtapes in this very shower.

-30 minutes & 2 shower singles later *Spongebob narrator's voice *-

I hopped out the shower and put my lotion on. I detangled my hair and let it air dry so I could go back downstairs and finish cooking.

Shortly after, I had the steak, mashed potatoes, green beans out along with the rolls arranged on the table. When I went to get the apple pie, I heard my heels clicking onto the porch.

Great, mom's home.

She came in wearing with a bunch of shopping bags. I would never say my mother wasn't a beautiful woman because that would be a lie. Even though she was literally society's standard of beauty, the perfect body, loose textured hair, and ambiguous features; her true personality made her ugly on the inside.

Soon my sister came in with a matching outfit. She was also carrying bags, so I figured they took their weekly shopping trip today. They were both laughing and smiling but I knew that their moods would change once they set their eyes on me.

Once my mom saw me her whole expression changed. She walked up to me and got into my personal space. Her stare was rigid and angry, and I tried to keep my stare neutral as I felt fear settle in my stomach.

"What did I tell you about fucking up on your job?" She asked angrily.

Here we go.