New Beginning

(Kyle on the side)

(A/N: he's been recasted ❤️ this Louis Darcis or @louisdarcis on Instagram)

Zaria's Pov

I knew where this conversation was most likely going to go. And unfortunately I might have to live through it. Maybe if I hurry to grab tickets I can just go outside and avoid this whole exchange.

I was about make my way back out to the tables but Kyle stopped me.

"So who were your little friends?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows at me. Just like the boys he was significantly taller than me, so if I was close I up to him, I would have to look up. Seomtimes I hate that almost everyone is taller than me. #shortpeopleproblems.

"Just people from school. I actually just met them this year. They seem pretty cool so far." I said simply.

"I'm happy you're making friends. Y'all definitely seemed to hit if off especially you and the one with all the tattoos." He said with sly smirk as he placed dishes into the sink.

I tried to control the blush that rushed to my cheeks when he mentioned "the one with tattoos." I cleared my throat.

"The one with smooth chocolate skin and is Devon, the lighter one with the accent who is the same height is Tre and the one with tattoos is Dewanye." I said. I was trying to not go into too much detail because whenever I said his name I ended up thinking about him.

Walking back into the dining area I started moving along the tables cleaning up picking up leftover dishes and napkins. It was almost time for the close and since it was the beginning of the week, there wasn't a big crowd. I moved swiftly to avoid Kyle drilling me. Also, I wanted to be finished before the Jack came walking in and raising hell. I had moved the dishes into the kitchen, knowing Kyle was tailing behind me with the rest.

Placing them on the sink, I noticed Ms. Ellie had began washing up some dishes for us while Victor handled the remaining orders. Kyle went over to help her while she cleaned and laughed with Victor.

Wanting to make myself useful, I rolled up my sleeves and began helping dry dishes. "Hey Ms. Ellie imma help you finish these."

"I appreciate it! Lord knows my fingers are tired from all this cleaning! But praise God, because we are almost done!" She said cheerfully "Make sure you get that plate I made for you to take with you.I know you still haven't eaten."

"Yes ma'am." I said gratefully thankful I wouldn't have to cook.

Kyle and I made eye contact once he started putting up the dishes that I dried. He had the same smirk plastered on his face.

"He likes you Zar." He spoke simply.

"Who are you even talking about?" I asked confused.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Dewayne." he said plainly like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

What the hell?

"No he doesn't. We barely know eachother, he was just being nice. Besides out of everyone, he's the one who has a girlfriend." I replied back rolling my eyes.

He cut his eyes and sighed. Here we go.

"Look I'm just telling you what I see." He said shrugging. "I don't even know him but I could tell he was into you by how attentively he was staring at you. Girlfriend or not, I know what I saw."

I just shook my head in disbelief. There was no way he liked me.

"I don't believe it ! It wouldn't make any since for him see me as anything other than a friend. If we even become that! With him having a girl who looks like his, he wouldn't waste his time on me. " I said handing him the last of the dishes.

"Well who is his girlfriend?" He questioned.

I suppressed a groan. "Tracey Davis."

His smile dropped, "Damn that's unfortunate."

"I guess. I mean I guess I shouldn't be surprised their relationship makes sense."

"You're making it seem likes she is perfection and shit. From what you've told me, she has a ugly personality. Her actions significantly lowers how attractive she is. Not to mention she piles on some cakey ass makeup.Who knows under that, shit she could look like Jafar from Aladdin or something from beetle juice to match her ugly ass personality." he said making a stank face.

I shook my head trying to hold in my laugh. I wasn't about to play with him.

"Hold it in but you know I am right. She brings negativity on herself, all she does is mess with people. Hell, she might be violence, it's only thing that could explain her treatment towards you." Kyle said while organizing the dishes. "Not to mention I caught Dewayne was starting at your ass. So not matter how unattractive and unworthy you try to say you are, it's obvious he likes what he see's." he said winking at me and leaving out the kitchen.

I just shook my head at him and returned to table
wipe them down. I was down to cleaning the bar when I heard the boss walked in.

Jack wasn't the best boss but outside his personality he's actually attractive. He was tall with smooth chocolate skin.

He wasn't always bad actually at one point he was a tolerable person. But for whatever reason, he had grown into a hateful person. And because of this he talked to people any kind of way especially his workers.

I honestly wanted to leave this job because of him. I could only work a certain amount of hours and while my pay wasn't great it was the first job I ever got. You could say I grew slightly complacent; used to leaving school and taking the bus. I gotten so used to seeing the same faces every other day and being away from school and my family. And because of me being so young the job search wasn't easy so honestly don't feel like I can go anywhere else.

When he came in we all kept cleaning up well everyone except Latrieshea. He looked around with a grim look and I felt his glowering glare on me. I just kept my head down avoiding him and I heard him mutter "Damn."

I looked up and seen his eyes wonder shamelessly over my body. I felt disgusting.

With him being like twice my age, it didn't feel right having him stare at me like that. I shuddered in fear and just continued to clean up. He started a little bit more and then moved towards the back where his office was.

Latriesesha started following behind him. Once they thought they were out of sight he pulled her to him. Then they began sucking each others faces off.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

They briefly pulled apart long enough for him to pull her into his office and shut the door. I shuddered in utter disgust. While it wasn't any of my business their situation because she was legally of age and a woman entitled to her own decisions, I couldn't help but wonder what a man of his age with want with a young woman who was barely of age. She just turned 19. But I knew better than to pass judgment, it wasn't my business and it didn't effect me.

I just continued to clean until all the areas were disinfected. After I swept Kyle began mopping while Victor headed back towards the bathroom and begin cleaning up. As I went into the supply closet to get seasonings to refill all the holders on tables.

I simply ignored the noises I heard from the office. It went on for what seemed like forever until it finally stopped. Latriesesha came out of the office with buttoning up her shirt and her smoothed her hair back down. When she saw me she just smirked before disappearing into the kitchen.

Finally she can take her ass home. I thought happily.

It was almost 7 so I knew I was ready to go home and start dinner for my family. Once I finished my tasks, I put everything up and went to head into the kitchen so I could leave. Just as I was gathering my things I heard Jack call my name.

"Zaria in here now!" his voice boomed.

I rolled my eyes. I really don't want to see this man he always found a reason to yell at us. I heard Latriesesha snicker behind me. I hope I am not in trouble.

____________________________________________________________________________________

tbc.

Hey guys i am doing a three part chapter series. Enjoy . Don't forget to vote and comment.