I'm Right Here

Dewayne in the Media Above

Still Dewayne's Pov

I just sat , with Zaria in my arms, crying silently . It had only been 5 minutes but I never been so sad, in my life. How can someone do this to their own child? It baffles me. Especially if they don't deserve it. I probably wouldn't believed this was happening to Zaria, well in this magnitude.But I honestly can understand why she is so used to putting herself down so much.  After a while..she subsided from crying as intensely as before but she was still, held on to me for dear life. I felt bad for her honestly, but I couldn't help but realize how comfortable this felt. Finally being able even if it is just for a second to have her in my arms, I was convinced I could stay like this forever.

But ya know me , my mind was switching from being a comforting shoulder to being pissed off at the series of events, folding before my eyes.

I looked down at her as she just stayed right on my chest, waiting to see if she was going to say anything. She sniffled and finally looked up at me, with same mixture of sadness, but I could see she was trying to hide it from me.

"Dewayne..." She began after a while as she looked down, shamefully, "Sorry you had to see that." She said finally.

All the fucked up shit happening to her, and she is apologizing ? I just don't get it. "I'm not" I said stiffly, "I am glad I was here to tell thot 1: the class edition and thot 2: worldwide hoe in the making to bounce." I said seriously.

"But still nobody should have to worry about or deal with my drama but me. " she said sadly, "I'm just so tired."

"No Zaria, " I said already shaking my head and tightening my arms around her. She met my gaze and I took that as my cue to elaborate ."No one, I mean no one, deserves the fucked up shit they were tryna pull. They are outta pocket and I am glad I came. But just know there is some positive stuff coming your way soon enough. I just don't want you to give up on happiness because you deserve it ."

She sighed, "Yea." she said but I could tell by her tone she wasn't sure.

They really did bring this girl down, I finally observed, feeling anger.

"How long, has it been this bad between you and them " I asked after a while, curious.

"A while, since I was about 8. It wasn't the best of circumstances , and it was really sad for me at first but after a while I grew numb to the mean, hurtful things being said to me. You know, you needa lose weight, straighten you hair, and my personal favorite, don't think I'm taking you to school, I wouldn't ever want to be caught in public with you, take a long walk. It's just like everything in me started believing if they are saying it for so long it must be true. And I am not disputing the fact this can be true," She began, getting that faraway look in her eyes again.

There is no way in hell that shit is true! She is B E A U T I F U L . Chicks literally would kill for the features and body she has. I guess her own mom and sister were jealous too, so they polluted her head with this dumb, ignorant ass shit. It just goes to show how grimy and immature some "parents" we look to as role models , can be.

I wanted to add in another point but she continued talking quietly. "But , I don't think in any way the way they treated me is okay. I have felt like a slave for so long . I thought parents were supposed to teach you, hold you up, make sue you grow up to be successful. Not beat you down and have you all messed up in the head, making you question your purpose in life. I got enough of that in school. And plus my own sister has had it in for me, since we were kids, I just don't get it." she said looking lost.

"If you didn't have a purpose and didn't matter they wouldn't go this crazy just to make you doubt yourself. It's jealousy , simple. But they haven't realized reality. You are bout to graduate pursue your dreams and be what you are destined to be, regardless of how they much they try to break down. Watch when shit start looking up for you, they gon try to slide back into your life. But by then you'll know the game and dodge the bullshit. " I said seriously, wanting to leave something on her mental.