Old Memories Equals New Ideas

In the media is what Zaria's room design looks like. She fancyy.)

Around 10 p.m that night.*

Zaria's Pov

I sat up in my bed and laughed at my favorite Chris Rock movie, "Head of State".

I have loved this movie since I was little, this nigga was funny as hell, and honestly when you think about Mays Gilliam, that's the first black president!

When it went to commercial, I was looking around my spacious room. It was real modern looking but I was growing to love it . It one of my favorite rooms in the apartment. My gaze stopped when I saw the shelf I built in the corner with a box on it. It wasn't just any box I had put all my dad's stuff in it. Before I even really realized it I had gotten up and got the book off the shelf . I hadn't looked at it since I moved in here.

I sat in the chair by the window and opened up the box. Inside it was some of his most prized stuff, which he kept at work since his boss gave everything to us the night he was killed in the fire. My mom wanted put his stuff in some storage but I couldn't let her so I snuck and took what I could from around the house and what was given to us and hid it in my room. So I finally left, It was the first thing I packed.

Inside was his work journal with sketches of car parts, and old clients numbers. I set it down and went through the rest of the things inside. It was a couple silver dollars, a small journal , his old wallet and something wrapped up in his favorite bandana.

I went through his old journal since I never really have, savoring his mini sketches he did. He was a great artist and I think that's one of the many things I picked up from him. Other things would include learning the ins and outs of being a mechanic, and most importantly his love for basketball. We used to watch games all the time.

I keep flipping through the pages till I got to the very end then all of a sudden a disc and some pictures fell out. I looked down in confusion.

I picked up the pictures and the disc.

I felt my heart swell as I looked down at the pictures . It was , one of me and him, one of Mikeyla , one of us all together, and one of me as a little girl which happened to be the biggest picture. It was my birthday and I had just gotten my toolbox like from him and we were going to get parts for the Camaro. I felt tears swell up in my eyes . I swear if I could just turn back the hands of time...

The Camaro. I thought back to the last time I visited our place in the park . All of the parts were there. The original plan was to have the car finished for high school.

But we were going to drag it out since if my mom found out , she would have had a fit.

I should really finish it, like seriously, that way I can finish what me and my dad started and two finally have my own car by getting it the good old fashion way. By working hard and building up for it, literally.

I looked at the mini sketch of a Camaro in his journal and ripped it out. Imma finish it up .

___________________________________________

I put my dad's stuff back on my shelf, and went back over to my bed, deciding it was time to go to sleep . I laid down and finally placed my head one the pillow.

I checked my phone on last time . Surely enough I got a final text from Dewayne making me smile. I told him earlier I was about to watch Head of State a while back and he replied with .

Dewayne:

"SECRUITYYYY!"

(If you seen the movie trust me you'll get it..XD)

Me:

I cannot play with you XD. Imma go to sleep on u.

I swear everytime I text him I cannot stop blushing and I check my notifications like crazy, but still be surprised when he reply.

This is getting outta hand. Especially since like I found his instagram right, and I was lowkey lurking through his pictures. I didn't follow him, since it would make my little thirst vest obvious, but I was staring at his pictures for a long ass time.

"He is so damn fine. " I thought dreamily .

But he makes me so nervous, hell being around him alone gives me butterflies. I felt a blush tint my cheeks when I thought back to that day of the history exam when he basically said he was gonna get me. I am curious, anxious and scared all into one . How can in such a short period can someone change your outlook and day to day life, without even knowing it.

I felt my phone vibrate:

Dewayne:

Just gon fall asleep on nigga. Well fuck my feelings then. WIth yo sleepy ass.

I'm just playing, get some sleep ma. I'll talk to you later.

Me:

Don't hate , sleep is essential. BUt sweet dreams

And with that I put my phone down .

As I snuggled into my pillow, I let out a sigh.

Although yes I indeed, had better living situation, I can't help but feel like it isn't over. But maybe it's just sleep talking.

Deciding not to go into too much thought on it, I pushed into the back in my mind, and settling into a blissful slumber.

__________________________________________

TBC.

Let me just say I'm so sorry this one is sort of short, but I didn't want this one to overlap with the other updates i'm working on. This is half of my updates I planned to put out between new years' eve and new year's day .

Be patient guys, I'm working I promise.

But enjoy this filler chapter and keep in mind every loose end you notice in a chapter will be important to future chapters.

;)))

How y'all feeling about my favorite "Friends" Wayne and Zaria?

Tracey?

Mikeyla?

Dev and Stacey?

Tre and Candy?

Let me know in the comments . Be sure to vote , comment and share. I love you guys. ;*