Reunited (Making It Official Pt2)

Zaria in the media.

Zaria's Pov

After the tour, we went to the leasing office to meet with the property managers. Ms. Evans did most the talking, arranging rent for payments and my official move in date. She acted as my guarantor helping me sign my first lease. I was beyond excited because it felt like headed in the right direction and reaching one of my goals. Never did I think before I graduated that I would be able to live on my own, let alone near downtown.

"Because of the circumstances, we actually will be able to move you in today, but I wouldn't advise moving any major pieces until we inspect the place one more time." The property said with a smile,

I nodded quickly unable to contain my excitement!

"That will be fine, we have to go back in a take a few measurements so we can begin looking for furniture." Ms Evans said handling the paperwork back to the manager.

"Sounds like a plan. We plan to do a quick inspection and spray pesticides. If you guys come back around this afternoon everything should be done. Assuming that there is no issues, I'll hand you the keys, Ms. Simmons."

"Okay thank you." I said astonished. I was taken aback by how quick everything was going.

It felt weird, completely but just having someone helping me with things without a catch, felt foreign to me.

We left the leasing office and ran back to her place to get a truck. She claimed that we would most likely need it because of what we could find in the storage unit. After we switched vehicles, we headed to one of her storage units. I learned that she had 2 storages, one for her business and a smaller one for personal items.

"I try to keep everything separate. I've accumulated a lot of gifts and things, so while I haven't gotten around to it yet, I know that before I settle into my forever home, I want to give my stuff to people who could use it." She told me as we talked to the storage unit.

When she unlocked the door and pulled it it open my jaw dropped. It was so much stuff. 

She laughed at my reaction. "You must of thought I was playing when I said accumulated a lot of stuff. Trust me, from here I'm pretty sure you could furnish a small house."

Without a doubt, I knew she was right. There was all types of furniture, and decor. But the most important thing is that everything was well organized.

"Okay so, I pick whatever you want, but don't feel limited to only this, I know a few furniture spots.

She allowed me to pick out some furniture that could go into my apartment. I picked out a bed, dresser, a mirror,  a floor lamp, and a bookshelf. After noon, we were attempting to put the bed frame together. I know I said we was creative, but this shit was complicated as hell.

We probably would finished a lot sooner if we had all the pieces in one area. But we had shit all over the place. Me and Ms. Evans were doing more laughing than actually putting stuff together. After a while I just sat back and scrolled down my explore page on Instagram since Ms. Evans insisted that she could handle putting the frame together.

"Girl let me handle it I have done this plenty of times, that way you can go hang out with friends. Speaking of that why don't you give them a call?" Ms. Evans said while she sat my headboard to in middle of whats going to be my room. I was geeked to have my own room I could create from scratch. I couldn't wait until it was finished!

I shot my bestfriend's a quick text message, which is a usual routine for me. I walked out into main area or soon to be living room.  I am already thinking of how I want to decorate. Hopefully between Pinterest and my friends I'll be able to find a way to decorate.