After The Fact .

Dewayne's Pov

I know her friends ran after to look for her but I felt the need to see if she was okay.

"Y'all go head I'll see y'all after class." I walked down the hallway , ready to head in the direct her and her friends had gone. As soon as I was about to turn the corner, I felt Tracey stopped me. Man I wasn't for all that arguing shit, she better go on somewhere with that.

"So you gon go after that piece of trash. She's completely fine and can fend for herself. Me and you need to talk." She said seriously.

"Only thing we can discuss this crazy behavior you just displayed. Spitting on people isn't okay Tracey. That shit was uncalled for." I said evenly.

"What's going on between y'all? All of sudden you're being nice and trying go "check on her." You don't even fucking know her. Being seen with her, only makes you look bad. I'm just trying to help you out. Plus she can't please you like I can..." She said trying to rub her body against me and place a kiss on my neck.

Usually that would turn me on but today it pissed me off more.

I pushed her off me. "The fact you have the nerve to humiliate someone in of the whole school over a misunderstanding, that shit don't make any sense. I don't cheat and never have given you a reason to think I would. You placed your misdirected anger out on that girl in front of everyone, not even bothering to listen to the truth. What blows me is, Tracey you can hug on whoever you want. You don't see me spitting on them or trying to fight them, especially if I know it was just something platonic. Do you realize what you did was fucked up? All of that drama for nothing!" I shouted at her," So yes, I feel like I owe her an apology for this misunderstanding just like you owe her one for overreacting! What did she do to you to make it okay for you do that to her? I'm honestly curious."

She looked at me with a harden glare, "I shouldn't have to tell you anything! If you was really about me and only me would respect my decisions. When you decide to actually act like a boyfriend you can call me. But for now get out of my face! An go run after your little hoe! The beef I have with her isn't any of your business!" She spat coldly and then she pushed me and walked away.

"Don't put your hands on me, Tracey. There's no reason we can't talk about like adults! Just help me understand your side and own up to what you did."I said frustrated. She is pissing me off. I ain't finna stoop down to her level and get crazy with her.

"Ain't shit to fucking talk about. I said what I said. You just need to respect me and my wishes. I'm going to class, this shit is dumb." She said not even turning around.

The bell rung and I went to my next class which is my art elective. I wasn't about to chase after her, I'll deal with that shit later. Once I got into class, there were a few girls in there who stared dead at me and starting whispering to their friends. That shit was really annoying.

The need for hydration for them and their weaves is real. I knew gossip would be on a all time high especially after what happened at lunch.

Walking past them, I sat down at a desk towards the back.

Sometimes I wonder about Tracey and her actions. Even though I loved this girl, I didn't like stuff that she did. And trying to hold her accountable for her actions was impossible because she didn't like taking responsibility. Every time I tried to talk about the way she would act, it would spark an argument and I would always be the bad guy.

I wanted her to have the freedom to do whatever she wanted. But over time, my withdrawal from the drama Tracey was apart of, enabled her to continue terrorizing people at school. I never seen her spit on a person but if she was doing that who knew what she was doing when I wasn't paying attention.

I just shook my head and felt myself get mad all over again but this time I was irritated with myself. My complacency is contributing to all the drama, all I had to do was just pay more attention.

Zaria walked into class just before the bell sounded. Relief flooded through me seeing she was okay. But then guilt washed over me as I remembered she was just publicly embarrassed.

She slid into a desk in the same area as me. Once she sat down I seen her eyes were slightly puffy and she had a blank look on her face.  Curly strands covered her face like a veil, and I knew it's because she wanted to be invisible. Hell I couldn't blame her. People looked at her and started whispering mean stuff to eachother about her.

I truly didn't get what she could have done to warrant this. I mean so what she was timid and liked to be to herself, there's absolutely wrong with that.

Her body and how she chooses to dress is her choice. I don't think she's any less deserving of respect because of how she chooses to dress. I hated how superficial and judgmental people could be, especially to people who don't deserve it.

I waited until she got settled in her desk and tapped her shoulder.

Zaria's Pov

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Dewayne. How many classes does this man have with me? And what did he want?

"Z?" He said to me snapping his fingers close to my face, thus snapping me out my trance.

"Huh?" I said quietly before glancing at him.

He sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. "I just want to say, I am so sorry for the way Tracy acted towards you. You didn't deserve that. And I apologize for even putting you in a position to be disrespected. I wouldn't intentionally do that to you, and I mean that." He said while looking deeply into my eyes. "Are you okay ma?"

His gaze was so alluring and strong it made me almost get lost.

I felt my cheeks heat up. So I looked down and said "Yes."

I was stuff dealing with a lot of emotions. While I appreciated his apology I was beyond embarrassed. I didn't know if I could trust him because it seemed like it would always be a sign of disrespect to his relationship. I felt myself tear up, but I didn't want to cry in front of him.

He lifted my chin up with his thumb . "You sure? " he asked.

Hell no! But I couldn't tell him that. I had to break this contact with him because it was completely clouding my senses. I just nodded my head and moved away from him as quick as possible. I don't know who was watching and I didn't want them to get the wrong idea. Not to mention I was actively trying to avoid his stare.

"I know you are lying. But it's okay I won't push things. For now. We'll just drop the subject." he continued.

I sighed in relief and focused back on the teachers easel at the front. She gave us the freedom to sketch whatever came to mind. As soon as she finished taking attendance I pulled out my journal from my bag and began to draw. As I was drawing a song popped up I'm my mind and I began to hum quietly. When I hum or listen to music, I felt at ease, which helped me create things more efficiently.

I was in my creative little bubble where no one could hurt me, and I could just relax. It made my nerves ease slightly and I got lost in my motions.

Dewayne's Pov

I saw she was trying to conceal her hurt from me. Seeing it made me feel horrible. She seems to endure so much for no reason.

When she began drawing she looked at ease. In fact it was probably the most relaxed I seen her since the day started. It was a nice look for her.

Since I had nothing to draw so I just sat and watched her. She began to hum softly to herself and she drew. Something about it was so peaceful. I noticed that I was beginning to calm down myself. I found myself staring her the entire class period. When the bell rung, I was about to say something to her but she had already dashed out her the door.

On my way out I seen she left one of her drawings on her table. I decided to pick it up and hold on to it so I could give it back.

Even after I had left the room and was headed down the hall to practice, mind kept wandering back to Zaria and her humming her pain away.

----

That's it for now guys but information thank y'all so much I got over 1k readers!! That means so much. Y'all make t is all possible and that's why I love y'all but be sure to vote and comment bye guys!