Cast Call.

I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE PICTURES MENTIONED BELOW!

Character List:

Zaria Simmons: (Main character)

Zaria is the main protagonist. She is 16 years old, and average height, embarking on one of the most journeys of her life; high school. She possesses a rich melaninated complexion with a mass of curly black hair, brown eyes, and full lips. She has a unhealthy relationship with her mom and sister, which has contributed to her overall dwindling self esteem. While her bestfriends Candace and Stacey try to lift her up, she has yet to master the art of self love & acceptance. Nonetheless she is smart, so smart so became the first in her family to become a senior at her age and takes dual enrollment classes. She is a bit timid, but possesses a lot of creativity and talentIt was only when she got comfortable did others see her passionate personality. But she was a kind and humble young woman. She wants to be a creative, but of course her family is constantly putting her down and making her more insecure. Between the bullying at home and school she just cannot seem to catch a break. Hopefully, things will start to look up for her as she approaches graduation.

Candace Adebayo:

Candace also know as Candy, is one of Zaria's best friends

Candace also know as Candy, is one of Zaria's best friends. She is 5'7 a 17 years old senior and is a first generation American. With her dad, hailing from the Yoruba tribe, People would describe her as sweet, outgoing and 100% real. She will kill you for the people she loves but yet she doesn't like to exhibit violent behavior. Although she was bullied in her younger years for being dark, she was taught by her parents to embrace her skin and proactive in her self love. Once in high school she began to find herself, and come into a confident, melaninated women with vision. She surrounded herself with genuine people and tried to make the most of her high school experience! She aspires to be a psychiatrist and is an avid reader of suspense novels.

Stacey Romano: