Dinner?

(Restaurant in media - it actually is one the nicer restaurants in Houston)

Narrator's Pov

A look of shock settled over Zaria's features. As long as she been in high school she had never gt invited to any of the basketball players party. She got invited to parties relating to the game but never something as personal as birthday party, excluding her best friends. She wondered how all of sudden she was be sitting here and being invited first hand. Crazy the way things had changed.

She wondered if it would be her place to go to something so special, given that she knew once Tracey seen her it would be some automatic drama.

Zaria's Pov.

Should I go?

"I'm not sure if that would be a good idea." I said not even bothering to keep the uneasiness out of my voice.

"Why not? Dewayne asked for you to come so evidently he wants you there. Plus, I reallllly don't want to be stuck with him and OTHER people. " Tre said with unconcealed annoyance in his voice.

"Facts. " Dev said " And you won't be by yourself you'll have your bestfriends with you. All it is a nice dinner. There won't be any drama with you coming, trust me. And today I believe with all my boy is going through, he needs genuine friends around him."

"Come on Zaria I mean you were personally invited and it's his birthday! It's not like you are dropping in unannounced . And guh why would ever pass up free food?" Stacey replied.

She does have a point.

"Foreal like the opportunity to go somewhere, eat without having to cook or wash dishes is like heaven on earth ." Candace said dreamily.

I glanced over at the front of the classroom where I saw Tracey texting away on her phone. I looked to the seat next to her where Dewayne sat and noticed it was empty. Where is he?

I scan the whole classroom still unable to find him. Just as I was getting worried, the door to class opened and he walked in . His whole stance was rigid just as it had been for the past few days.

We locked eyes. His normal clear green eyes were clouded and a darken tint. As he strode across the room I felt time stop. His normal relaxed nature seemed to be absent. It was replaced with a harden glare and rigid posture. For a moment I thought he was going to sit back in his seat but got his backpack ignoring Tracey's pleas and came to sat in the chair in the middle of Dev and Tre.

Even when we stopped moving, our eyes were still trained on each other. I felt an emotion stir up in my stomach and my cheeks heated so I looked down at the paper on my desk.

"You idiot, say something to him!" my subconscious screamed, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I felt someone staring daggers at me and I knew i was probably Tracey.

When I looked back up, everyone in the group smirking at us. Dev and Tre had kool-aid smiles. Still feeling the blush on my cheeks I hoped someone broke the silence before I do anything stupid.

"You straight?" Dev asked Dewayne with a smile plastered on his face.

Dewayne broke eye contact to focus his attention on Devon. I felt my heart skip a beat when a slow smile took over his features. "Yea I'm straight." He said sounding almost like normal self.

"Are you sure? " I said, finally after what seemed like forever finding my voice.

"I'm positive. Besides, it's a young nigga's birthday, I'm just tryna make the most of it."He said shrugging.