Business And Such.

(Hayley in MM.)

Zaria's Pov

After speaking to Dewayne, I just let my mind wonder into blissful, content space. I just drew freely wanting to create unique, fresh sketches that were better than my last. I was so lost in myself, I almost jumped 20 feet in the air when Hayley walked in with donuts and drinks. She decided to make herself at home by sitting on the black chair in front of my desk.

"Well hello to you too." I said

"Hey girl. I figured since the meeting is only like an 30 minutes from now, I come in here and help you understand how it goes. What better way to do that than discuss over food?" Hayley said taking a big bite out her pink frosted donut.

I just shook my head and continued drawing. It started off as just a series of lines but has now come together into what looked like a dress, I heard heels clack against the marble floor and I figured it was Hayley moving around .

I was beginning to add details to the bodice, I heard Hayley speak almost scaring the shit outta me.

"Damn girl. Did you draw all that just now?" she said looking at me and the drawing in surprise .

"Hayley you scared me!" I exclaimed.

But she didn't hear what I said she was staring intently at the unfinished sketch on the table. I just sat there awkwardly.

"Do you have more sketches with you right now?" she blurted randomly.

"Um.. yea actually I have hundreds but -

"If you don't mind, I'd like to see them." she asked.

I didn't let that many people look at my sketches. It's not like many people asked , but still I did have a little apprehension about showing them off. I was self conscious about my work, mostly because it was so person to me. In toto Although only five people people have seen my work, my art teacher, Ms. Evans, Stacey, Candace and ..my dad.

I guess because everything I drew was person, I had an initial fear of being judged. Because no matter what you do, people will have a opinion. And in today's world, only 1/3 or folks opinions are positive.

Nonetheless I reached in my bag and pulled out my favorite sketchbook, and handed it to her . She took it eagerly but was careful as she instantly flipped. through the pages.

I chewed the inside of my cheek, feeling nervous.

I coughed on purpose trying to pull her attention away from the drawing but she didn't even hear me.

Trying to calm down, I decided to think of something else to keep the fact out of my head that, I was indeed worried about what she thought. Especially since some of the sketches were of random tings I had drawn since the beginning of high school. I even had an half a sketch of Dewayne I started shortly after we met.

My thoughts betrayed me as they went back to the infamous Dewayne.

His distinct features; eyes, lips, dimples, and his strong hands which were attached to most defined, structured arms I've ever seen-

"Zaria!" Hayley said snapping me out of my unhealthy train of thought. I blushed and focused again.

"I'm sorry what did you say.?" I asked sheepishly.

Her eyes flickered in confusion, and then a smirk appeared on her face.

"What were you just thinking about?" she asked.

"N-nothing." I stammered. Desperate to change the subject.

"With all the blushing you have going on, I can't take that as an honest answer. So imma ask you again, what or who where you thinking about? She questioned wiggling her eyebrows.