After School Ends

(Diner on the side)

Zaria's Pov

After art class my day sped up immensely . Pretty soon I was walking out of my last class of the day and on my way to work.

I know many people advise teenagers to focus on school.  And while I believe it is necessary to do that, I had fees that were not going to taken care of if it was solely left up to my mom. I knew if I wanted to get from my mom and sister, I'd have to sacrifice. I have actually been working since I was 14 at a diner really close to my house.

The pay wasn't the best since I could only work part time. My boss is a ass but I've grown comfortable with my routine.  As I crossed the street I reminded myself I was sacrificing with this job only to get out of the toxic household I live in.  Once I graduated I was going straight off to school, so I could finally live life on my own terms...hopefully.

Eventually my mind drifted back to him. I couldn't understand why, but Dewayne has been on my mind like 3 times today. I get that it probably had to do with his proximity but I was also still stuck on his actions. How did he seem so genuine and approachable yet he was dating someone who was the polar opposite of that. It just made me question, whether or not this was all some big prank?

Continuing my course to work, I tried to clear my mind and get ready to put all the events that occurred at school behind me. Once I made it to work, I walked in and smelled the usual alluring smell of food in the kitchen. I was still hungry but I could tell by the amount of people already in line to be seated that I wasn't going to have much of a break at all. As I hurried past the dining area, I noticed the tables were starting to get kinda full. Once I made it to the back, I did my time sheet. Thankfully, I was on time.

I changed into out of my sweats and put my uniform.
This uniform consisted of a black long sleeved-shirt and black straight leg pants. I kept my hair up and changed my shoes to some simple black flats. After zipping my backpack and put in the break room and rushed back to the front.

I went straight into the kitchen to get my apron. I was greeted by my coworkers Kyle, Ms.Ellie, and Victor.

"I'm here. How's everyone doing?" I said flashing them a smile. 

Ms. Ellie walked from her area and gave a bear hug . "Hey honey, I was just talking about you! I didn't think you were going to come in today, especially since it was the first day back at school." she told me. She stood about 2 inches taller than me and had shoulder length dark brown hair. When I first started working here, she it upon her herself to protect me since I started so young. If it wasn't for her I not only wouldn't have gotten hired but I probably wouldn't have stayed this long.

I laughed and told her. "Of course I am gonna come this is my job. And I need it."

"Of course she would come Ellie she has bills to pay like the rest of us. I hope you had a good day at school it's the start of your last year! " Victor spoke while smiling before coming I ruffling up my hair.

Victor was one of the original people who had been here since Apple Jacks opened. He was really cool and supportive. We had built our own relationship, and at times he felt like a father figure. He was a single father who at times cared for me like I was one of his own.

Smiling at him, I gave him a hug. "Thanks Vic. School was okay, but I think senioritis is already kicking in." I told him, making him laugh.

Then Kyle came behind me and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Zar, you're here! It feels like it's been forever!" he said hysterical!

I laughed and hugged him back. "I missed you too, but I've only been gone for a few days." I said amused.

The Chase. ( REVISING)(Urban)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें