The Invite

Stacey in the media :)

Thursday

Narrator's Pov

As soon as Tre found consolidated all the details surrounding Tracey's secret. He was more than ready to tell Dewayne what he found. Strangely enough, since Tracey and Dewayne's last big argument, it seemed she was doing a bit of damage control. Tracey had been occupying almost all of Dewayne's time. For over 24 hours she's been almost spending every moment with him without sleeping with Javonte.

But that didn't stop Tre. With the help of Dev of course he still was still laying low waiting for the right moment to tell Wayne. Devon was just as pissed if not more than Tre was. He never really liked Tracey and he suspected that something was off about their relationship. So together, the two pieces together the ultimate revenge plot.

—————————-

But in the past 2 days a lot has transpired. When Dewayne didn't have Tracey all in his face, he was thinking of his upcoming birthday and how he wanted to celebrate it. Today he turned 19 and he didn't want to do the stereotypical thing most teenagers did, which was throw a party. While he did have a big kickback for his 18th birthday, this year he decided to do something much more chill.

The older he got, the more he realized he wasn't really into the club settings. He wanted a break from all that, so he decided to just have downtown tonight. He planned his close friends and even had his mom fly in.

Although he was excited to see his mom. He was anxious, and somewhat still confused about Tracey.

———————-

On the flip side, Zaria was feeling so out of place and confused.  Yesterday, she had a interview for Ms. Evan's assistant position.  Fortunately everything went smooth, because the employers saw her potential. She was unaware that during her interview she had emitted a sense of raw passion and an natural interest in creation, that were very interesting in her potential. She was beyond grateful for getting the job, but she felt her mind switch her focus on other things, or should I say other people...

Zaria's Pov

It is finally 5th period. I made my way to my last class, thankful that this day was almost over. As soon as I got in there I spotted Dewayne, sitting down at his desk staring over into space. I felt emotions stir up in my chest, I have been kinda distant for the past few days. While I wished him a happy birthday, because of all the drama that surrounds him I feel like I should keep my distance.

I don't want to have to deal with his disrespectful girlfriend shit and whenever I'm around makes for unnecessary drama that I feared I would bring initially when I agreed to become his friend. She hates me so much like an I don't even understand why.

But honestly, I'm trying to keep my distance so I can find a way to stop having him captivate my mind. As, much as I find him attractive, I have no intention of interfering with their relationship. So while him and Tracey been caked up at school I just let them have their moments.

Don't get me wrong, I still get texts from him and ever since that day he asked me to sit with him I have, but usually I sit closer to Dev and Tre. Trust me, Tracey makes sure I am nowhere near Dewayne at any point of the day.

She seems to have gotten even more rude but I just block her out, making sure I count to 10 before I let my anger get the best of me.

I don't like fighting but one day very soon she will find herself in a hospital sipping her meals through a straw, crippled from the waist down. Don't let my silence fool you.