Friends Pt. I

Dewayne Pov

She stared at me in surprise. Shit, I was surprised too, I just blurted out like a child.

It wasn't a loaded question I mean, she did look tired and plus my friends wanted to learn more about anyway. So it's benefital situation for everyone.But then she spoke and broke my train of thought.

"That's okay! I can take my break later. Besides, this is y'all down time, I wouldn't want to interrupt anything." she said while avoiding eye contact .

She wasn't going to interrupt anything. No one would mind. Why is she so nervous? She has no reason to be.

"You won't be interrupting anything. We don't mind, plus I want you to come sit with us. So you could take your break." I said honestly. 

I watched as she pondered the idea, silently hoping she would say yes. Just when she was going to decline again Devon spoke up.

"Man please! You cannot leave me with these fools bruhh.  They crazy as hell! " He said while fake crying.

What the..?  Only person crazy at this table right now is Devon's Samsung Charger looking ass.

Me and Tre both shot him a glare and he began to whimper like a little kid.

"Zaria you definitely can't leave now see this they gon murder me. Call CPS ...get help!" he said while fake crying.

I was beyond annoyed at this point. Why he gotta be extra? I looked back a Zaria and saw she was trying not to smile.

It made me calm down little bit but just as I turned around to go in on Devon. Tre slapped him in the back of the head.

"Who you tryna call crazy? Fuck outta here with that." Tre said. 

"Ouiii you got that hurt life." Devon said smirking.

Me and Tre both got him. I punched him in the stomach and Tre send a right hook on the other side of his stomach. Just as I was about to continue Devon scary ass gonna speak.

"Okay chill.  I was just playing, damn." He said holding up in hands in surrender.

"That's what I thought. " I said while pushing him. Then I heard a soft muffled laugh.

My head snapped towards the direction of it and I saw Zaria covering her face and leaning on the other table for support.

She was trying to laugh low but you could tell she was struggling. It was adorable. Her laugh was so contagious, pretty soon all of us were laughing in spite of ourselves.

Then she finally spoke."Well I guess if y'all can stop arguing with eachother I sit down but only for a minute. But I can't take that long of a break." She said. 

Just as I about to make room Devon egg headed ass gon interrupt.

"It's cool shawty we made space for you right here." He said scooting over. She looked skeptically between all of us and hesitantly sat down.

I fought the wave of annoyance that was settling over my face. I was on the side with the least amount of people. She could have sat over here. I shot a glare at him and he just smirked.  Ole Mr. Potato-head ass.

But I tore my eyes from him and focused back on Zaria. She was fiddling with her fingers nervously. I finally decided to speak.

"So you just gone act like we ain't here?"

Zaria's Pov

When I sat down at their table all of the stiffness I had from standing all day hit my legs. As I sat there I felt everyone's eyes on me. It made me so nervous, I couldn't even talk.

I mean was surrounded by some of the most attractive boys in school. And I was in one of the nobodies in school, the complete opposite of them.  I was invisible socially, and I never really had personal interactions with the popular people before. They seem okay but I couldn't help but wonder why would they want to talk to me?

My thoughts were cut short when I heard someone speak.

"So you just gonna act like we ain't here?" I heard an all too familiar voice say,sounding amused.

I looked up and found Dewayne looking at me half amused and half expectant .

How am I supposed to be okay with him staring at we with those eyes? They were so beautiful and alluring. I broke my eye contact and took a deep breath.

"Sorry." was all I could get out. *mental facepalm *

"Aye there is no reason to be nervous. We just tryna to make new friends. This isn't a set up or anything." One of them spoke up.

I guess there was no harm in having a conversation. But I ain't letting my guard down just yet this could be some type of set up. I managed to look up. 

"That's fair. But don't get crazy." I spoke honestly to him. He shot me a smile and nodded. 

This might be fun I thought...Hopefully.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tbc.

Hey Y'all happy new year lol I know I'm late but I wanted to update. Expect part 2 very soon. Luv y'all.