Run Away .

(Zaria has bawddy)XD

Friday

Zaria's Pov.

"So I never leave the house without makeup on..

I keep mascara in my pocket when I'm running to the market

Cuz you never know who's watching you. So I gotta stay on.

Yea I gotta stay on.

Gotta stay onn..

(Jazmine Sullivan "Mascara")

For the first time in a while, I woke up before alarm anxiously. I know it's common for kids to plot on leaving after their parent beats them, but I never felt strong enough to follow through. This time, I knew something had to give, because it was becoming too hard to live here. I was still upset about last night. What my mom said made absolutely no sense.

How can you say you are doing me a favor by treating me like shit? Especially when I have done nothing wrong to you. Sometimes, she make me mad enough to punch her in the damn throat.

But I know that isn't right. So I won't, for now.
Calm down Zaria. If you run away, you won't have to deal with her anymore, I thought to myself truthfully. And it was true, I am tired of dealing with her behavior, I desperately needed a change.

Once I felt my heart rate go back to normal, I started packing up all my stuff. Walking down the hall to the bathroom, I quickly did my hygiene and snuck back in my room before I woke anyone else up. Once I made it back in my room safely, I closed the door carefully and decided to pick out my outfit. I picked out a my white cropped sweat set. Then I pulled out the my white, red, and black filas shoes.

I stared at the set feeling a little self conscious. Even though Stacey had brought for my birthday one year I was never confident enough to wear it, because of how form fitted it was. Although the off white cropped set wasn't within my comfort zone, I couldn't deny it's comfortable material. Even though my something inside me screamed no to my choice, another part of me was anxious to try something different. Holding the cropped shirt up to my chest, I looked in the mirror. Before I could let my insecurities completely swallow me whole, I pushed them out of my head and began putting on the outfit.

Unlike all every other morning, I wanted to put a little effort into my appearance. I didn't have a presentation or anything special at school today but given my plans, I did think this day was somewhat special. While my wardrobe was limited, I wanted my outfit today to be different.

One everything was on I zipped up my jacket. Turning back into the mirror I took in my appearance. The outline of my silhouette was clear as the pants clung to my hips and thighs. The cropped top curved with my breasts and stopped slightly above my stomach. I started intently at my stomach, grimacing at the lack of muscles and slight pudge. This outfit took me way out my comfort zone but I tried to calm my nerves and think about the positive things about it.

I liked the color, it was a comfortable fabric and while it felt like a detour from my norm, it was still sweats and tennis shoes which was my go-to outfit for school. Not to mention I was now a senior in high school, this year I wanted to add more variety to my wardrobe. But I knew in order to do that I would have to pull myself away from my comfort zone.
I'll give it a try, I said to myself mustering up a little bit of confidence.

When I unwrapped my hair, I was greeted by a mass of thick curls. I could already see it was a day where my hair just had a mind of its own. Because I didn't want to get frustrated, all I did was apply some hair milk, and untangle it. Once I was dressed, I began to pack. In a matter of minutes, I successfully stuff all my things in one of my daddy's old duffel bags. I only had about 2.5 full drawers of clothes, the closet was storage space for my mom, and the bottom half of the dresser was some of my sisters stuff. The did retail therapy so much, that it had overflowed into my room. Shaking my head, I went around the rest of the room, taking down my poster, the small collection of books, my teddy bear, and my daddy's old stuff. After he passed, I kept his photo album, chain, favorite hats, and his favorite jersey's.