Friends (Part II)

Zaria's Pov

The more I sat there and talked to them, the more I became comfortable. They weren't anything like the school made them out to be. Yes they were popular but the weren't these larger than life people, just regular boys. They were silly but remained very respectful to me. There was no mention of Tracey, and the weren't prying through all my personal business.

In school, they seemed untouchable and unapproachable. Everyone wanted to be in their space but they didn't really have a lot of friends outside of their team. But sitting down with them now, I can understand they were actually cool, just a bit guarded.

One thing that I enjoyed was the seeing the dynamic of their relationship, it was pure comedy. They fought just like they were brothers.

I learned that they were all seventeen. Out of all of them I would say Devon was the comedian. All of them were hilarious but it just seemed like he had a gift of making people laugh. He is blunt as hell, but he's also respectful and a nice guy like the rest of them.

Tre is an analytical person, so when people first meet him he's most likely quiet at first. He briefly spoke on why he has his guard up; "People's intentions aren't always genuine. I tend to watch how people move before I go all in. I'm always going to give a person base level respect, but if you turn out not to be a good person, I don't want your energy around me." He said before shrugging.

I could respect his honesty. But I knew once he gets comfortable around a person he's probably just as animated as Devon. Because of Tre being mixed race, there were times where his accent would slide in and out of his vernacular.

And then there was Dewayne. From what I grabbed his personality could switch from nonchalant to passionate in seconds. Out of everyone he has surprised me to the most because I thought he would have been an asshole. Based off of who he's in a relationship with and rumors surrounding the school about his temper, I was thrown by his behavior today. In person, he was a good listener and seemed like a genuinely nice guy. I know there is a lot more to him I'm sure but based off what I seen,  I wondered how someone like him could be with a girl like Tracey. But hey what did I know?

Despite my skepticism, I was actually enjoying having a break. I felt we could almost be friends. But I didn't want get my hopes up and sound lame. I mean this was nice and all but them sitting with a nobody like me..it can't be good for them.

I guess I will enjoy this while I can.

I felt eyes on me so I snapped out of my daze. I saw Tre, Devon, and Dewayne looking at me expectantly. Did I miss something?

"I'm sorry! Did you guys say something.?" I said regretfully.

"We asked how long you worked here? " Dewayne said staring at me.

I almost got lost in his eyes almost but broke eye contact. I didn't want to just stare at him like a creep. I didn't want to go in detail but just as I was about to answer, I heard Kyle call my name. "Zar boss man is on his way. "

Damn. I guess my break is over. I looked at the time. Shit I have to make sure this place is spotless before he comes to the front. I lowkey wanted to continue to them but I had to go.

"Okay Kyle I'm back up!" I said while getting up.

"You gotta go huh?" Dewayne said quietly he almost sounded sad, but maybe I'm tripping.

I nodded my head feeling kind of sad myself. "Yea unfortunately I have to get back to work.  But I really appreciate y'all letting me sit here."

"Ahhh man we was just beginning to have fun." Tre said sadly.