01

Delilah Lavigne

I woke up startled to my alarm blaring in my ear.

Waking up early is most definitely the worst kind of torture you can go through.

Although, early for me is any time before 10 am.

I take my phone off the nightstand next to my bed to make sure I didn't press snooze and groan at the fact that it's 9:15 am. I decide to just scroll through my phone since that's basically my morning and night routine.

I have to be at work by 11:30 am almost every morning and usually I don't get too dolled up just because of how tired I get during the day, but today I decided to at least do my makeup to get rid of my god awful eye bags.

I get out of bed eventually after 30 minutes of contemplating whether to just not go to work, like I do literally every single morning.

I flip the light switch to my bedroom on, since my room is always pitch black no matter what time of day it is because of my blackout curtains.

My bedroom is the place where I feel most safe and most like myself. I have it decked out with black furniture, posters of my favorite bands scattered everywhere and tapestries covering my walls and ceilings.

When I was growing up I couldn't style myself or my room how I wanted. My parents are very strict and religious, so when I'd play my own music or put up a poster here and there, I'd basically get threatened to be evicted.

Evicted. At the age of 13.

Once I turned 18, I took the first opportunity I could to get as far away from my family as I possibly could and eventually found an apartment within my price range and already knew right away how I was going to decorate it.

My apartment is basically the same as my bedroom. All black furniture, even the damn floors are black. My kitchen has black marble counters with the same backsplash. My bathroom is the only room in this place with white in it.

Now that I think about it, I think I like the color black.

I mean it goes with literally anything so who doesn't?

I'm 21 now and living in LA. I'm very comfortable here, since I grew up in California. It's familiar to me and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

The only thing that bugs me is the terrible traffic and the people who think that they are entitled in this world.

After deciding on what to wear, I go with a black lace crop top and black baggy jeans with my airforce 1's.

As I walk out of my room I'm met with my cat, Nicks.

Yes, I named him after Stevie Nicks because she's a literal goddess.

"Good morning, baby!" I squeal as I reach down to pet him behind his ears. That's the one place he will allow anyone to pet, anywhere else he will literally attack you.