72

Delilah Lavigne

Smoke.

I smell smoke.

I stretch my arms out above my head with a groan. My head hurts like hell.

This ceiling looks different than our bedroom ceiling.

I sit up fully in the bed I'm in and take in my surroundings, there wasn't a window to the right of me like in our room, it's to my left.

I blink rapidly to rid of the blur and once I come to my senses, I realize there's someone sitting right next to me, scaring the shit out of me, "Jesus!" I clutch my hand to my chest and sigh heavily.

"You're finally awake." The woman sighs. She blows the smoke out from her cigarette and puts it out in the ashtray.

Wait.

"You fucking hit me you bitch!" I stand up from the bed and walk to the nearest corner, "Relax Delilah, I'm not going to hurt you." She stands and walks up to me, I hold my hand up warning her not to come any closer.

She narrows her eyes with crossed arms, "You don't remember me, do you?"

I scan her face more than before and my eyes widen, "Sawyer." I confirm my remembrance of her and look her up and down in disgust, "I can't believe I felt bad for you when we brought you to Luca. I revoke any sympathy I had for you."

She laughs, "No hard feelings. You actually did me a favor by doing that. So thanks."

"Where am I? Why am I here? Wait why are you here?" I point at her. I look around the room I'm in and it just looks like a normal bedroom.

She furrows her eyebrows, "Do you not remember anything?"

My lips purse, "Pretty sure your boney ass knocked me out so sorry if my memory is a little fuzzy."

Sawyer rolls her eyes with a sigh, "I am sorry for doing that, it was apart of my job."

"Can we maybe skip the chit chat and just fill me in on what the hell's going on?" I take a step towards her in impatience.

She holds her finger up at me with a smile, "I'll be back. Don't go anywhere." She says the last bit with sarcasm and walks out of the room.

I take this alone time to try to unlock the windows, but they don't budge. There's no sunlight coming in and I can't see out of them so there must be something guarding it to prevent someone from escaping out of them. I search the room for anything I can protect myself with from whoever is about to walk in. I end up finding a box cutter on the shelf in the closet, this will do.

The doorknob moves and I go back to my original spot near the furthest wall with the box cutter tucked into my jeans behind my back.

The door opens fully and in walks none other than Enzo.

"Enzo? What the hell is this?!"

He holds a hand up, "Relax, no one's going to hurt you."

"Yeah? Tell that to the bitch who knocked me over the head and kidnapped me."

His lips go flat, "She apologizes for that. There was no other way to go about it."

"Can you just explain what is going on?" I shout.

"Okay okay, just follow me and I'll explain everything." He waves a hand to the door and starts walking that way, I hesitantly follow but keep a safe distance. We walk down a narrowed hallway with Victorian paintings plastered on each side of the maroon walls. This looks like a mansion.