82

Harry Styles

"Louis are you a fucking moron?!" Zayn shouts, his forehead wrinkled with anger.

He chuckles at the sight of Zayn's floored expression, "What is your problem man? I truly think it's the best idea we've had in ages." He shrugs.

"Yeah of course you'd think that." Zayn mumbles, crossing his arms like a child throwing a tantrum.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Louis mumbles to himself looking down with a puzzled expression.

"Alright alright, enough. Louis explain it again for me...the entire thing." I break up the childish yet hilarious to witness argument.

He takes a deep breath and sits down on the edge of the mattress, "I think that we should just ask Luca if Delilah is still working for him."

Zayn throws his arms up towards him whilst looking at me, "See! What kind of idiotic plan is that?"

I scratch my head with a cringed expression, "And why exactly do you think we should do that?"

Louis stands up and sighs—arms crossed on his chest leant up against the wall, "It will catch him so off guard. I mean he doesn't even know we're here so imagine the shock on his face when he sees us anyways, add in the loaded question and boom—stunned. We'll be able to tell if he's lying or not instead of us just running around like headless chickens searching aimlessly for someone that might not even be here."

"But we do know she's here. I'm the one who figured it out." Niall jumps in to the conversation from the suite kitchen.

"If you're as skilled as you claim and she is actually here, the population where the call was made is over a thousand. That's a lot of residents you want us to search Harold. We'll be here for months. Unless of course you have another idea that just causes more and more waiting." Louis makes a good argument.

I cock my head, "I mean he has a point Zayn. Might you have anything better, I'm all ears."

He heaves a sigh—giving up, "Fine whatever. Let's go in empty handed and confront our boss who can literally kill us in less than a millisecond."

Niall points at him, "We never go anywhere empty handed and he won't kill us—scratch that, he can't kill us."

I stare at the floor lost in my thoughts while they bicker back and forth going over different bottomless suggestions.

I get an idea, one they for sure won't like.

So I simply won't tell them.

I clear my throat, "Give me the keys. I need to drive around a bit to think. Call me if one of you comes up with a half decent idea." Niall throws the car keys in the air and I catch it, grabbing my jacket and exiting the hotel room. I hear their faint chatter as I leave questioning what I'm doing and where I'm going but I don't respond.

As I leave the lobby, I grab my phone out of my back pocket and map the general location we went to where Benjamin was found.

There's no houses surrounding for at least twenty miles out but there is a petrol station a little under four miles north. I click on the address and put the car in drive.

As I approach and see the building in the distance I scour my thoughts trying to muster up a decent question, one good enough to not make the person behind the counter suspicious.

She can't know I'm here. I have to be careful with what I do and say.

I pull into the lot and there's only four parking spaces—a beat up old car parked in one of them so make that three—and only two pumps. This is quite literally located in the middle of nowhere clearly.