15

Delilah Lavigne

I woke up way too early today for my shift at CAIM. I tried to fall back asleep but clearly, that didn't work, so right now I'm about to head out the door. I took my time getting ready today as I actually had the time to.

I already fed Nicks before I left and gave him love. I left earlier than I usually would so I'm taking my time.

After a bit of driving, I made it safely to the shop. I didn't open today thank god but Finn should be here.

I walk in and nobody is upfront so I walk to the back area where the stations are set up. I don't find Finn but I do find Leo.

"Oh hey, I thought Finn was supposed to be here today?" I question Leo.

I'm not getting worried yet, maybe he was just busy and asked him to take his shift.

"Hey, yeah he was supposed to but he called me last night and asked if I can cover for him," Leo answered my question.

"Okay, do you know why by any chance?"

"No he just said he couldn't come." He shrugs.

A little odd but I'll just stop by after work to make sure everything is okay. I'm frankly upset he's not here because I wanted to hang out with him. Even though he's constantly bugging me about Harry and the boys and telling me to stay away.

I decide to not let it bother me too much and continue my day. I tell Leo I'm going to my office and head that way. I don't have any clients as I'm rarely in the shop anymore. I don't do much I just sort through paperwork and help out if Leo needs help or if we have walk-ins.

The day goes by super slow, I was ready to go check on Finn and go home until I remembered I have to go to Harrys. Harry sent his address a while ago while I was working and I didn't respond. I'll just go there after Finns.

I pack up my things and leave the shop. Leo left earlier, I let him go before he was supposed to because it's a slow day so I chose to close early.

I get in my car and head to Finns. I get to his apartment and leave my car and head up. I reach his door and knock a few times. After I knock he answers it and gives me a dirty look.

"What are you doing here?" He says as if he's mad at me.

I notice his face looks all bruised and cut up, like he got in a fight. That's probably why he didn't show up today. Who the hell did this to him?

"What the fuck happened to you?" I ask worriedly.

"Nothing Delilah, I'm not in the mood right now can you please leave?" I'm not leaving until he tells me what happened.

"No who the fuck did that Finn? You can tell me." I'm getting angry now.

"Delilah just get the fuck out now!" When he said that it felt like a knife to the heart. I get he's mad but that was fucking unnecessary. I just want to make sure he's okay.

With that, he slammed the door in my face. After standing there completely shocked, there was nothing more I could do so I left. I wanted to go back home to Nicks and just cuddle and watch movies but I have to be there for the meeting.

I get in my car and drive to the address Harry gave me earlier. He doesn't live far, just about fifteen minutes away. I pull up to his building and it's not at all what I expected. It was very modern and minimalistic.

I hop out of my car and go up to his door, unsure whether to knock or just walk in. I decide to knock but as my hand flies to the door, Niall opens it and gets the wrath of my fist.