62

part 3

Harry Styles

I drive around for ten minutes in complete silence as we scan the area for side roads and buildings, "Does Niall even know you're with me?" I break the silence.

"Yeah, he tried to stop me from going but it's not like he controls me." She shrugs from beside me as she rests her elbow on the window.

"Get to talking then."

She sighs, "Delilah doesn't want you to know any of this, she made me promise not to say anything. So just know, I kept it from all of you for a reason."

I take my eyes off the road to look at her but her eyes stay searching out of the window, "We were taken by a guy named Enzo." I see her turn her head to me after saying that name and I grip the steering wheel tighter. "You know him right?"

"He was working with her ex boyfriend. We let him go."

"Yeah well that was a bad idea. I don't necessarily know if he's a bad person, but considering he kidnapped us and gave me a bloody nose, I'd say he's a fucking bastard."

"Why didn't Delilah want you to say anything? Why didn't she tell me herself?" I make a sharp turn down a side road with no streetlights, "That's the part I don't know. She was taken out of the room and went into a separate one with him. They talked about some stuff and once she came back, he let us go."

This doesn't make any sense. She didn't want to tell me who took them for a reason. Her making Jade promise not to just arises more suspicion.

"They made a deal." I connect the dots out loud.

Her head swiftly turns to me, "He did say something about a deal in the beginning."

"And you didn't just spit that out from the start? What kind of deal?"

"Jesus, sorry. My brain is all fuzzy so just bare with me. Once he came in the room and Delilah recognized him, he told us he worked for some sort of group. I don't remember the name but I know that he's some sort of leader to them I think."

"So he works for the mafia?" I remember him saying that Calum was the leader of a group trying to find his fathers killer and that Enzo helped him but he told me it wasn't for the mafia.

"No, it's more of a gang. And he wanted us to join but she said no, and that's when he took her to another room."

"But he just worked alongside Delilah's ex boyfriend so did he take over for him after he died?"

"That's the thing, apparently this guy was the leader and her ex was just a helper basically. I guess they lied to you, I don't know." She shrugs with a sigh.

That fucking bastard. If he's behind all of this, I won't hesitate to kill him. He's gonna wish I didn't let him go the first time because at least his death would've been easy.

"Do you think he's the one who took Louis and Delilah?" She sits up in her seat.

"It's a possibility."

"But what I don't understand is that if they made a deal, why would he take her now? I mean, she has probably been doing something for him this whole time so why now?" Jade questions and I inhale sharply, "Either he played her, or she opted out of the deal."

Whatever it is, we need to find him. He is the only reasonable explanation for this. What's confusing is why he took Louis, it could've been to lure Delilah in but it just doesn't make sense.

"Wait stop," Jade puts her hands on the dashboard eyeing something off the side road, "What's that?"

I follow her finger and see a dim light through the trees, "Could be a streetlight, could be a house, I don't know but we're gonna find out." I park the car in the gravel and we unbuckle our seatbelts, getting out of the car and walking through the woods.