81

Harry Styles

We are driving to California.

Packed the car up with nothing but clothes to last a few days and obviously our guns.

We were able to leave without trouble from Luca's guards, those guys are fucking twats. We convinced them that we were all going clubbing and needed to take two cars since we planned on staying in a nearby hotel and that they shouldn't come along because it'd be 'too boring.' Niall did all the talking and damn did he do it good since they got excited for having a night off, just as long as we didn't tell Luca.

Your secrets safe with me, my guy.

Something we didn't really take into account is how many days we could be here, but we'll deal with that down the road I guess.

Not wanting to hear Niall and Jade playing the license plate game I have earbuds in, listening to the playlist Delilah made me ages ago.

We are about seven hours out from California, we should probably arrive around midnight tonight. I hope we don't stop at another damn hotel, I know I live with Zayn and Louis but sharing a confined room with them is absolute hell.

We stop at a fuel station and they run inside to get some snacks while Louis and I stay in the car.

Louis hits my side, "Yo."

I take my earbuds out, "What?"

"How are you doing?"

I look to the side, "Uh—fine?"

He sighs, "So you're not nervous? Like at all?"

"Why would I be?"

He taps his chin with his index finger, "I don't know maybe because we haven't seen her in ages and don't know what she's like now. She could be dangerous Harry."

I shrug, "I guess we'll find out."

"But what if we don't? Are you going to be able to handle the fact that we might not even find her and this was all just a waste of time?"

I narrow my eyes, "Why don't you believe we'll find her?"

"I'm not saying I don't, I'm just saying to prepare yourself for the worst. We either might not find her and leave empty handed or we will find her but not the version of her that we want. The version we know and adore." He speaks clearly.

I sit up in my seat, "Lou I can promise you that we will find her and leave with her. I don't give a damn what it takes or how she acts. We got her into this mess and now we're getting her out of it. She wouldn't even be associated with Luca if we didn't force her into it."

"Not only am I hoping we find her for you but also for us. Delilah made us all want to be better." His lips form into a line.

I place my hand on his shoulder, "And she still can." I avert my eyes away from him and out the window. God am I praying we find her.

Once everyone is back in the car we drive off again.

***

Finally after hours of driving and my ass hurting like a bitch, we arrive at the hotel just after midnight.

We check into the hotel and decide to stay in a suite instead of everyone getting different rooms. We need to stick together and form a plan instead of divide and conquer.

Niall drops his bag and plops on his back onto the bed, "Is it weird that I actually enjoy staying in hotels? Their beds are always so comfy." He does angels in the sheet.

We chuckle, "You're an idiot." Jade jokes.

"Alright so, what's the plan for tonight?" Zayn rubs his hands together.