55

Delilah Lavigne

It's our second day in Maine and we don't leave until early tomorrow morning. The tour busses smuggling contraband arrived in one of the Precincts and the guys are on their way there now to get some information on the task/mission for tonight. I have no idea who they are going to meet though since Luca is still in California.

I am currently laying in the hotel bed by myself, thinking about last night.

What did that song even mean? Was it a message to me? I mean he made direct eye contact with me during the most important line so it has to be about me. Right?

He said some pretty heavy shit. The kind of shit that we have yet to discuss, shit like the L word.

And no, it's not lice or leprosy.

A knock at my hotel door pulls me out of my thoughts, I stand up and open it. Jade is standing in front of me with her arms crossed, "I figured you went with them." She invites herself into the room and sits on the bed.

"I didn't really feel like going, I don't need to be there for that part."

Hell, if I'm being honest I don't need to be there for any part including the missions. I barely ever do anything, I feel like a burden every time I go because all I do is just stand there.

She hums and scans her eyes around the room, "What have you been doing then?"

I sit beside her on the bed, leaning against the headboard, "Just thinking." I start picking at my nails.

She turns to fully face me and sighs, "Alright what is it?"

I look up at her with furrowed eyebrows, "Huh?"

"Somethings on your mind. Go ahead," She waves me on and I purse my lips, "It's nothing really."

"Oh yeah? Then why do you still have your mascara on from last night, your hair isn't brushed and your wearing nothing but your underwear and a T shirt? The Delilah I know wouldn't want to be caught dead looking like that unless something is truly wrong."

My jaw drops in offense and I whack her leg, "I'll bite you if you keep going."

She shrugs with a wink, "Kinky. But seriously what is it?"

I bite the inside of my cheek and decide on just telling her. I pat the open space on the bed next to me signaling for her to join me up here and she crawls up the bed and sits beside me.

"Remember the song Harry sang last night? The one he said he just wrote?" She nods, "Yeah it was cute, it was like a message to you."

"Yeah well that's the problem. The lyrics just felt so personal like he was trying to say something to me without actually saying it to me. Instead he sang it. In front of thousands of people."

She narrows her eyes, "Wait, have you guys not said it to each other yet?"

I arch my eyebrows and put my lips in a line as an answer. Jade's mouth forms into an O, "Damn, now I understand your frustration."

"It's not that I'm frustrated, because the song really was amazing, but he hasn't talked about it with me yet and I sure as hell know what those lyrics meant. He just doesn't ever tell me anything and it's hard to get through to him."

She nudges my shoulder, "He won't tell you anything if you don't ask."

"Trust me, I've asked. He always just shrugs it off or changes the subject when I ask him anything about him and his past. It kind of makes me worried, like he's hiding something from me because it's a threat."