Drive-by

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes: The sisters find out what happened as they rush over to check on their baby sister after watching the late night news.

TW: Blood and mentions of abuse. This gets kinda sad near the end.

After, Tyrone ran, Drew came from out of the house rushing over to his wife turning the safety on his gun putting it up. He seen his beaten wife laying on the hard concrete ground with her head bleeding at the top seeing her blood ooze out from behind her head. "Karen!" Drew hollered trying to see if his wife still had a pulse as Ethan came over checking on his nieces and nephews who was still hiding upstairs in Kierra's room. He found them huddled together still ducking as he had to force open the door since everyone was to afraid too move out from there spot.

"Come out y'all it's just me!" Ethan said as the kids all ran towards him asking for their parents. "Is mama okay?!" Kierra sobbed through her tears and Ethan just had to tell them that she's gonna be fine. "Your dad is taking her to the hospital." He said and then he went onto to call the sisters and Mama Sheard rushing to the hospital. But within an hour it was blasted all over the news.

"In late night news, Gospel singer, Karen Clark-Sheard apart of the famous legendary gospel girl group, "The Clark Sisters" was involved in a drive-by shooting incident that happened at her house around 8:30pm tonight." The news reporter said. "The news came from a shocking unknown source that was then reported by the neighbors who heard the bullets past there house calling the police" The journalist said as they played a segment of the clip showing Karen's house as it was now surrounded by police officers and caution tape as one neighbor told what happened.

"Yeah, uh all I know I heard screamin' and guns goin' off I ducked for my life I ain't know what the hell was happenin'." One of the neighbors said as the cameraman pointed the camera at him even though he had his face covered. "When you hear gunshots you betta duck." The man said. "Did you see anything else at the time of the shooting?" The journalist asked and the guy shook his head no even though he did see a black car right before the shooting happened. But he wasn't about to get caught snitchin' on camera.

"Nah hell nah I was just concerned for my own life and ran for safety." He said. "That don't ever be happenin' in this neighborhood this is ghetto." He said. "This ain't that type of neighborhood." He told them. "And are the Clark Sisters very private people?" The journalist asked knowing that they are but trying to make it sound more juicer than before as the journalist tried exploiting what happened to Karen. "Yeah, I don't know them like that but yeah I would say so, they just mind their business but everybody in Detroit know they come from the hood. So, I guess no matter what....uh, you can try to take the person out the hood but you can't take the hood out the person." He said shrugging his shoulders. "And do you think drug dealers are involved with what happened tonight?" The journalist asked him and he turned his head away from the camera knowing he was caught for weed. "Uh, hell nah we don't do that ova here" The guy said looking away from the camera as he was doin' the whole time. " I ain't see the person I ain't see nuthin' I just heard and I ducked." He said savin' his self.

Back at the hospital:

Karen was rushed in being put on a gurney as she was immediately being seen after what just happened. "She's unconscious" one of the nurses said as they were rushing to the back to get a CT Scan on her stat and then went to give her a needle to keep her pulse going and to keep her alive after they had to clean the blood from around her head and about two hours later the doctor came talking to the family of Karen Clark-Sheard. "How is she?" Drew asked popping up as his mother and father was on both sides of him. "Well not to good but we believe that she may be okay." The doctor said. "Good news or bad news?" He asked them and the family just looked at him not having the time for it. "Bad." Drew said sighing. "Bad news is that she has one of the worst concussions from hitting her head on the concrete." He told him. "And it's a Grade 4 concussion." He said and the family gasped as Jacky placed her hand over her chest. "She needs to refrain from doing any physical activity or movement she can't remember much for now because of how bad it is and the amnesia will probably last longer than 48 hours given her history of having concussions." He told him.