The Painful Truth

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

Karen's mental health has slowly been crashing since the last time she had the falling out with her sisters. Or should we say, Dorinda because Twinkie and Jacky are actually good. But no one knows how bad, Karen had gotten since she was able to mask her true feelings especially when Dorinda started treating her differently after Snoop Dogg came back over.

TW: Mentions of drug use, relapse, and overdose.

It had been a month since more truth has come out about Karen and the family finally processed everything and would stick by Karen's side no matter what happened. Well, all except for one. She claim she would stick by her baby sister's side but her actions and words showed otherwise. Karen didn't know what happened or what she could've done to make her sister hate her so, much the way she was doing now. She only let Faith stay with Jacky for the reasons she said before and she thought Dorinda would understand being that she is-well was her best friend.

When Karen found out that Dorinda would plan a girl's day or a sisters day as she liked to call it she would purposefully leave, Karen out not only did she feel like a bad mother she felt like a bad sister as well. But what was she to do if Dorinda wouldn't talk to her or wouldn't accept her invitations to anywhere when Karen would still try to invite her over her house or to other places? Of course, Dorinda would still show up but only if the other sisters were coming. It was no longer just a one-on-one type deal with Dorinda and Karen it was like their sisterhood was dead. And Karen wanted to die because she wasn't sure if her other sisters felt the same way about her and was just masking it better than, Dorinda did. But if that was the case then she thanked, Dorinda for being completely honest with her concerning her newfound feelings about how she truly felt about her baby sister, Karen.

Karen sat on the edge of her bed feeling a pang of guilt and sadness for how her sisterhood was turning out. She really thought that they were doing better but she guessed it was all a lie.
The many times she asked her sisters if they were okay with she did and they said yes turned out to be a no through their actions.
She didn't know what she could do to make it right. It wasn't like she was home and kept doing the same wrong things over and over again thanks to Snoop Dogg for stepping in when he did. Because she thought back to what he had said about the heroin and was quite sure there was gonna be no turning back if she had tried that. She could feel it. So, he saved her right on time.

She didn't know what else she could do. So, she sat on the edge of her bed feeling tears swell up in her eyes as she couldn't believe that all of this hard work and therapy she was going through again was coming to an end because of her past decisions that she made even though she was clearly, intoxicated and had been harmed against her will. It seemed to her that going to therapy was worthless if her relationships with her other family members weren't getting better. She knew therapy was for herself but she was so, tired of missing the other half of herself.
So, she sat there letting the tears fall. It seemed like that's all she ever did these days was cry once again. Especially after she spent all the time with her kids since her sisters, Well, Dorinda couldn't be bothered with her. Don't get her wrong she loved her kids but her sisters were obviously a big part of her life and had stuck by her through thick and thin up until this point.

And she had absolutely no clue on what to do to fill this missing void in her heart. Looking outside her window she saw her balcony door cracked open again. "That's a hard fall." She heard her husbands voice said to her and she jumped looking around the room knowing that he was still at work.

But that memory came from the first time she tried to jump and Drew pulled her back inside but she did. She had to remember to not harm herself. But it was so incredibly hard when nothing seemed like it could go right for more than a day let alone a few hours wiping her tears away she locked her balcony window closing it tight going into her bathroom.