Reflections P1

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

Karen starts to do the exercise that her therapist recommended for her as her emotions are swarming around in her mind.

TW: Sad song lyrics. So,when you read this just know I came up with from another one of Karen's songs but I kinda like flipped it and added in some other line or lyrics from elsewhere to make it anew. Because when she finishes it y'all see what song it's gonna be because I just wanna make what she wrote a draft version for now. But if ya know then ya know what song it comes from it shouldn't be to hard to guess where I got the majority of the lyrics from.

Once her therapist recommended that Karen should write more for therapeutic reasons she actually started thinking about it. But it took her a while to start writing. Her sisters had gifted her with a journal to write in even though she had other journals they wanted a special one just so, where she could write all her feelings down. So, they went to the store without her one day searching for the right one for her and they gifted her with it that following Sunday.

Getting the journal that her sisters brought for her she opened it seeing her named, engraved in the front cover of the book running her hands over it.

But as soon as she tried to write in it, it was like her hands had frozen. Once she could write all that came out were literal scribbles for about five pages until the pen literally ripped a few holes in it until her brain clicked for her again calming down.

Dear diary,

This hell I try to hide

This torment down deep inside

Nobody sees me when I cry

The many times death tried to take me

Sometimes I wished I died

But then I count to five

And hoping everything will be alright

But that's just a lie I tell myself

I can't keep hiding in this hell.

I feel like exploding with this fire burning...

Sometimes I wanna scream from the mountain tops of my lungs

With head hung low and lay down and die...

Sometimes I wanna go and hide

Cause I just can't....

And sometimes I just feel like not wakin' up no mo'....

And be buried deep down in my own grave....

Once she was done writing she closed the journal not wanting to look back into it after she released all of what she needed to release actually feeling a lot better as she sighed getting up from her couch because Mama Sheard had been wanting to talk to her. Going into the kitchen she saw Mama Sheard drinking a glass of water as she had just got done cooking the food.

"How you been?" Mama Sheard asked as Karen made her way into the kitchen. "Fine." Karen said as she felt fine in this moment and haven't felt fine for a long time until now as she got her a bottle of water. "So...you wanted to talk to me?" Karen asked and she shook her head yes. "Come on, let's go sit down she said leading her to her living room table. "How have you been since being home?" She asked, Karen as her hand was leaning on the side of her head comfortably. "Well, it's been okay." Karen said and Mama Sheard just looked at her. "What about the first year you came back home?" She asked her being more specific breaking down the questions as she was about to make Karen be more specific and honest and Karen bit her lip.