A Change

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters

Notes: The sisters find out that Karen had a heart attack.

~Sidenote: Did y'all really think Karen ain't care about Faith because I tried to get that point across when I was describing her disorder. 😫 But anyways y'all ain't finna beat up on my baby, Karen no, Amen. Now, back to the story.

TW: Arguing..., mentions of name-calling, sexual abuse and hints of division.

After, Karen recovered from her heart attack she got up and got ready for church as she wasn't really in the mood to go but she knew she had to go not only just for her ministry but also to get back with God as well as she knew she wasn't where she was supposed to be mentally.

When they went to church on Sunday, the congregation was delighted to see their First Lady back in church. However they noticed a change in her from the last time that they saw her since the concert. They noticed that she was more tired and her sisters saw how tired the First Lady looked as well and they wasn't sure what it was but they weren't about to ask seeing that the papers were served. After church was over they had another meeting.

"How are you doin' First Lady?" One of the woman members asked her as they pulled up a seat next to her in the Bishop's office. "I'm okay." Karen said in her raspy voice. "Well we heard about your heart attack and we're praying for you." She said giving her a hug as her sisters had just walked in. "What heart attack?" The rest of the sisters asked her seeing that Jacky ain't really fill them in on it since things got busy with planning out the court hearing for the custody battle.

'The heart attack that y'all decided to give me' Karen said in her head as she had to now take her pills for it but before she could even take them, Jacky came over snatching up the bottle as if Karen was hiding something since she didn't let them know. But then put it back down knowing what it was for. "Mmhm." She said looking her baby sister up and down.

And Karen just rolled her eyes trying not to even entertain that seeing what happened the last time she did. "You didn't think that we needed to know you had a heart attack?" Dorinda asked her after, Jacky sat down and Karen's mouth almost dropped open. "After what y'all did?!" Karen rhetorically asked them. "No because y'all were the reason for my heart attack those-those papers." Karen finally said referring to the upcoming custody battle as she had to calm back down feeling herself get overheated which wasn't good for her health. So, when she said that they just stared at her deadpanned shaking their heads at each other.

During the meeting things were tense and everybody could tell this time. It was as if they didn't even try to hide that they were going through it as a family seeing that they haven't talked to each other in a few weeks after Tamela had called to let Jacky know what happened. When she did that Jacky called to let the other sisters know and they couldn't believe, Karen would allow her disorder to get that bad. Let's just say they were upset with her. They weren't ignoring her like the last time knowing that it would make things worse but it was just very formal and only short one-worded answers or questions would be asked. But they wouldn't let, Karen know how Faith was doing since she clearly wasn't in the right mindset to even care for Faith and Jacky, knew that something else had to be up she just didn't know what it was. But during times like these she had to care for her niece since her mother wasn't able to do it and they had hoped that Karen would've gotten it together by now at least a little bit.

So, when they were in the meeting bickering would be going on between the sisters about what should be done about the church's upcoming activities and events. But seeing how, Karen decided to use this time to petty things were going wrong since they decided to once again derail her life. But they just hoped for the best but it seemed like that would never come so, here the sisters were arguing back and forth in church about church matters trying not to step on their First Lady's toes about anything seeing that she was on a petty streak getting rid of any and anything that the sisters would come up with for the next event no matter if the church congregation who were attending the meeting loved the idea or not.