It can't be true.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

Veronica has a hard time believing that Karen is her mother after her adopted parents talks to her.

"But dad it can't be her!" Veronica said upstairs in her room after, Karen and everyone else had left. "And why can't it be?" Vanessa asked who she considered to be her daughter. "Mommm." Ronnie said dragging it out. "That's sooo weird and I mean how could that have happened that way and if she was my mother why couldn't she have taken care of me?" Veronica asked as she was trying to wrap her head around this whole situation. "Ronnie you knew this whole entire time that we weren't your parents and you wanted to know sooo badly who your parents were. We even wanted to know for you and the day has come and the only reason why you can't believe her right now is because you're hurt that she left you and that's okay but you will respect her and you will try to give her a chance because it wasn't easy doing what she had to do." Vanessa told her as she placed both her hands on her shoulders so, Veronica could look her in the eyes.

"Karen has been through a lot since the last time I saw her. We were very close friends before she even left and came to live here in L.A. for that time frame and I didn't even know she was here. If I would've had known back then I probably would've gone and got her and watched out for her until she was ready to go back home." Vanessa said seeing how Karen was like her little sister since she was older than her. "But she abandoned her whole entire family though and went had another one and abandoned us too." Veronica said overexaggerating as she was talking about her and her dad. "Now, Veronica that's not right and you know that she didn't abandon her whole entire family. Every gospel artists doesn't live a perfect life and knowing Karen's, Lord knows it was far from it. But she bounced back from it even though it took her awhile." Vanessa said defending her dear friend. "That night she dropped you off now that we know that it was her she was banging frantically on the door and frantically ringing the door bell like someone was after her." Vanessa said as she remembered back to that night because the way Karen knocked on that door it woke her up like she was the damn police scaring her out of her sleep.

"But by the time me and your dad came downstairs she was already gone and you were just crying your little eyes out for her trying to go out into the streets tho you were still buckled into your car seat trying to go after her not understanding that she was too far gone." Vanessa said.

"Veronica you loved your mother and she loved you." She told her. "You would not stop crying for her that whole entire night and looked for her every where around this house if we would let you." She told her. "And, Karen is telling the truth I'm not just saying it to defend her but she left you here to protect you from whoever was coming after y'all. All I know is she waited until she heard our footsteps and took off running by the time me and James came down the steps to see who was outside by that time she was gone and we thought it was just no one until, God said to open up the door and there was you." She added on again reminding her. "She would rather had her own self be killed then to let you get hurt." Vanessa finished. "So, please when Karen comes back over don't give her a hard time she just wants to talk to you about something and you might like what she has to say." Vanessa told her. " And when she tells you we can always negotiate something so, you both would feel comfortable with it." She told her as she softly smiled at her giving Veronica a hug even though her arms were folded.

"Now, you know everybody deserves a second chance and you have to give her one." Vanessa said as she finished talking to Veronica telling her goodnight as she let her to go to sleep for the rest of the night.

When the next day came, Karen was back over at her house with Drew, her sisters, and Snoop Dogg as her support team. Once they were inside, Vanessa and James had talked to them in the kitchen. "So, how are we going to do this?" Vanessa asked as she sat down ready to figure out this situation now that Veronica's mother have returned back into her life again as all eyes were on Karen. "Well, I was thinking that maybe I could have a few hours alone to talk to Veronica. If not that then a few minutes." Karen said and her sisters nodded their heads remembering how they had to basically force, Karen to talk to Faith as they had left her alone with the little girl.