Troubled Waters

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes: Karen spends the day with Faith to get to know her daughter more and to find out what's been happening at her school about the bullying that's been going on. While they have their first long-awaited mother and day alone as a duo as things start to get heated with the upcoming custody battle.

Sidenote: Please play the song as it kind of relate to the chapter cause I related wayyy to much too this song when I was younger and it still hits. 😫

TW: Health warnings (back issues kind of graphic). Mentions of child abuse, beating, burning, and bullying. Emotional.

After church was over on Sunday evening Karen had finally had some much needed mother-daughter time with Faith as all her siblings were back home. "But why can't we can gooo with you?" Kadence asked whining and pouting. "Yeah mama what she said." Ki said and Karen chuckled. "Girl stopp you three know why y'all can't come with us y'all have had that time with me." Karen laughed talking to the oldest as they were being silly after they saw their mama going out as they were with the three youngest as well. "But I have to talk too your sister alone it's only fair that I give her this time besides y'all live with me everyday and get to see me 24/7 without any interruptions. So, Faith really deserves this okay." Karen said in her raspy voice and the kids just said okay understanding her. "We can all go together as a family some other time." Karen said and her kids still whined as she was goin' to take Faith out to Dave and Busters with the private driver. But before, Karen left she kissed all her kids goodbye.

So, when Karen left and picked up, Faith from Jacky's house she looked at her oldest sister while seeing that Dorinda was sitting there on the couch. "Faith come on your mama's here." Jacky said as Faith hurried down the steps hugging her auntie and greeting her mom. "Baby go wait for me in the car okay I have to talk too your auntie for a little bit." Karen told her and Faith just shook her head leaving out to the car out front. "You know what time to bring her back." Jacky said as she folded her arms to her baby sister and Karen just tilted her head. "Jacky she's still my child but I'll respect your rules there's no need to be difficult about it." Karen told her and Jacky started to say something. "No need?" Jacky breathed out and she looked at Dorinda.

"Doe you heard that?" Jacky asked her. "Yeah chilee, a mess no need to worry, hmm." Dorinda mumbled while rolling her eyes referring to her disorder. "Watch out for her and watch out for her back and you need to bring her back homeee so, she can get her medicine in on time I'm not playin' with you, Karen don't you have that chile out all night." Jacky said as if Karen didn't know how to mother her own child. "Jacky I just said I'll bring her back." Karen said in her raspy but annoyed voice and just sighed rolling her eyes. It was as if Jacky no longer trusted, Karen to be around, Faith and it annoyed her to no end.

Once they were done talking Karen finally made her way back to the car as she got in it on the other side of her usual car seat at first it was a little awkward since the last time they been in a car together was from the mall day with her, Faith, and Ronnie and now it was just the two of them. But Karen knew if she really wanted a relationship then she would have to swallow her fears for just the time being and talk to her daughter who was currently texting on the phone. "Faith?" Her mother called out to her and immediately she looked up at her putting her phone away. "Uhh yess?" Faith said awkwardly as she was now just messing with her hands. "How's school?" Karen asked seeing that this was the first time asking Faith about her education. "It's fine." Faith lied not wanting to say anything since both, Jacky and Tamela already had been to the principal's office to speak to what was going on including the fight that recently happened.