SIXTY-SEVEN

SUMMER HAD FLOWN by much quicker than any member of the Majors family could've predicted. Between Catherine's growing pregnancy, and Freya's depleting sanity, there was always something going on within the home.

July's end had come and Freya was readying her things. It felt strange to be packing her trunk for what could be the last time, especially considering it was nearly a month early. She had decided to take up residence in the Burrow for the last month of summer. Bill and Fleur's wedding was a convenient excuse to spend some time with her friends before the year started.

War was coming, that much was true. But maybe there were good times ahead as well.

She dreaded knowing Harry would be occupying the same home as her in just a days time, but she refused to sacrifice the time she had left. Freya knew it would be difficult looking into the eyes of the boy she loved most and pushing those feelings aside.

"Knock knock," Greyson poked his head into his daughters room greeting her with a warm smile as she turned to face him, "Someone's here for you."

"For me?" The blonde questioned, her plan for the evening included the Floo Network, not a guest accompanying her.

"For you," Remus Lupin stepped into view, his tall figure forced to duck through the doorframe, "Good evening Freya."

"Remus," Freya breathed a sigh of relief, walking over to give the man a hug, "It's good to see you, although I'm not sure what warranted it."

"I'm afraid I'm not here just for a visit." He stepped back with a worried look.

Remus went on to explain the plan The Order had in place for Harry that evening. Just hearing it put a large lump in Freya's throat.

"You mean to tell me, everyone is disguised as Harry?" She sounded baffled, not entirely sure of the grand escape being put into motion, "He will never let that happen."

"He doesn't have much a choice," Remus responded curtly, "He needs to leave the Dursley residence, and he's entirely outnumbered."

"So we're leaving now then?" Freya went on, more hurriedly packing her things away into a suitcase, "Is everyone else already on the way?"

"They are." The man nodded but was promptly cut off by the blonde's continued rambling.

"Okay well I'm nearly done here, how are we getting there? Oh and-"

"I'm afraid you're missing a key part of the plan Freya,"  Remus finally got a word in with the girl, "You are not going to Privet Drive."

"What?" Freya whipped around from her overflowing trunk, causing a pile of clothes to fall to the floor, "And what makes you think I'm not?"

"That's why I'm here, to ensure it. I'm taking you elsewhere."

"No, no Remus I'm sorry," She sharpened her tone to a pointy edge, "I'm not going to be the only member of the Order not playing a role in saving Harry."

"This is your role Freya." The man raised his tone to match hers. While she couldn't see it, Remus cared deeply about her and that's why he was there that night. In truth, he could've been with the rest of the Order, but he couldn't send a stranger to look after Freya. Both he and Sirius owed her more than that.

"If Harry gets hurt," he choked slightly at the hushed words, "He cannot see that it also hurts you."

The witch's heart dropped as his statement rang through her ears, but she was grateful her family was out of earshot. She understood in that moment why the man was there, and what she needed to do that evening.

Freya composed a breath, and released her fists that she didn't even realize had been clenched white in fear.

"I understand."

Once all her things were ready to go, Freya went downstairs to meet the rest of her family. Remus waited upstairs, sparing her only a few moments of privacy to say goodbye.

"Is everything okay Frey?" Finnick asked as the blonde stepped into view, "You're supposed to be here another week."

Freya felt herself bite the inside of her cheek in attempts to hold back tears. She didn't realize till that very moment that this could be goodbye for a long while.

"Everything's fine Finn," She walked over and pulled her brother into a tight and unexpected embrace. Over his shoulder, her eyes locked with Catherine, who had the unmistakable look of fear ingrained within them, "I'll see you all soon enough."

The two women gave a tight squeeze before Freya turned to face her father.

She analyzed his face - the laugh lines, budding grey hairs. All signs of a life well-lived. In truth, she envied him.

"What," Greyson smiled, "No hug for the old bloke?"

Freya felt water come to her eyes as she laughed with him. He wasn't sure why his little girl was so emotional that day, it seemed like any other to the muggle man, but he held on extra tight as she hugged him.

"I love you."

»»-------------¤-------------««

The silence was deafening as Remus and Freya sat alone in safe-house chosen by Dumbledore prior to his death. The man was nothing if not prepared.

"How are you feeling?" Remus asked.

"Considering I'm not writhing in pain," Freya made her best attempt at a joke, "I would say okay."

The man just nodded at her response, fiddling with the wand in his hands.

"Does Tonks know you're here? Does anyone?"

Remus tore his eyes from the ground and looked up at the young woman sitting in front of him, "No, this was entrusted to me and me alone."

"To watch me?"

"To protect the secret," He said firmly, "Harry can never find out, we both are aware of that."

Freya nodded grimly, "I know."

Another moment a silence fell between the two of them. There was a mutual understanding of just how shitty their situation was. Freya felt a pit of guilt growing in her stomach that the man was there instead of with his partner, or even Harry for that matter.

"Don't be sorry." Remus killed the silence this time, an empathetic look across his face.

"I'm-"

"Freya I've known you for over two years now, I can tell when you're upset."

The blonde looked at him and her deep blue eyes were filled with sadness. She felt helpless and she was using all her power to not let it get to her, "Thank you."

He gave a simple nod this time.

"This bloody blows."

Freya had finally earned somewhat of a laugh from Remus Lupin, who in his exasperated state simply couldn't hold it in any longer, "It does doesn't it?" He chuckled.

"You're laughing," Freya was surprised, "Moody Mooney actually laughed."

"To be honest with you Freya," He paused, "I just realized a funny piece of irony."

"What might that be?"

"Years of my young life were spent keeping secrets for a Potter," Remus mused with a sad undertone, "I do believe this is the first time I've kept a secret from one."