FIFTY-SEVEN

HERMIONE SIGHED AS she continued to tell the story of Ginny and Dean breaking up for fourth time now. Freya wasn't all too interested in the conversation, but sat there nonetheless.

"She says it's really done this time," Hermione added, "But she said that three weeks ago."

"Right," Freya nodded absentmindedly, not really sure what exactly she was agreeing with.

"Guys," Ron came clomping over and dropped into the spot next to Freya, "Look who's back."

The two girls followed the tip of Ron's finger all the way down to Katie Bell, who was seated towards the end.

"Katie?" Freya asked, turning back around, "Has anyone talked to her yet?"

"Not that I've seen,"  Ron shrugged.

As the three conversed Harry also made his way over to sit down, taking the seat on the other side of Freya.

"What are you on about Ronald," Harry peeked his heart out passed Freya's, "Mum send you another bonnet?"

"Ha ha very funny Harry, " Ron scrunched his nice while the girls held back their laughter, "Look chosen one, Katie Bell is back."

Harry followed suit his look down towards the end of the table where Katie was seated. He debated on if he should go talk to her, and decided it would be best to at least allow the girl to eat her breakfast in peace.

The quartet ate and talked amongst themselves when the mail arrived. Freya herself didn't have an owl, so when Hedwig dropped a letter for her she was rather surprised.

"What's your owl doing bringing me my mail?" Freya asked cheekily, ripping the seal from off the envelope.

"Not sure," Harry shrugged unbothered, albeit slightly disappointed in his own lack of mail, "Whats mine is yours I suppose."

Freya laughed and continued to open her letter, which was written in a familiar chicken scratch.

Dear Freya,

First letter back since Christmas! I know you've missed them.

Everything is boring here at home, I don't think I've had much excitement since that near death experience at your little friends house.

Catherine is good, I think she misses having a girl around, poor thing is stuck with me and Dad constantly.

In other news, we got our own place! We figured since we're getting married and all it was time to take the plunge. I can't wait for you to see it dork, decorations of course picked by Catherine.

Anyways we miss you. I hope that boyfriend of yours is keeping his hands to himself, if not I'll have to come kill him, and that little stick won't protect him from these fists.

Love you,

Finnick

Freya smiled happily as she folded her letter back up. She neatly placed it back in the envelope like she did with all letters, to be kept in a box.

"Finnick?" Harry asked, looking over as she placed the parchment down.

"Yep," Freya nodded, "Him and Catherine got their own place!"

"Wow that's exciting," Harry smiled at the happiness of his girlfriend. Her brother definitely scared him a little bit if he was entirely honest, but Freya always insisted he was harmless.

Breakfast came to an end and Harry decided to walk over to Katie Bell, who had just gotten up from her seat. Freya watched as she packed up her things for the day.

"I know what you're going to ask Harry," Katie had an apologetic look in her eyes as Harry approached, "But I just don't remember anything that happened."

"Nothing, nothing at all?" Harry pressed further.

As he was talking Freya noticed Draco Malfoy walk into the hall with a manic look in his eye. She couldn't decide how she felt about the view, part of it unsettled her, and the other felt pity for the boy. It looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. Freya wasn't the only one who seemed to notice his entrance, as Katie Bell's sentence was cut short by her eyes falling on him.

Harry turned himself around to face Draco, who's face only twisted into a deeper scowl with their eye contact. Just as quickly as he came in, the blonde turned around and walked out.

Freya watched as Harry started to walk towards the exit, his pace increasing with every step.

"Harry." Freya stepped out in front of him, slowly him in his tracks.

"Freya." His eye softened slightly as he looked her, "If you wouldn't mind." He gestured for her to step aside as she was blocking his way.

"Tell me you're not going after him Harry." She stated firmly.

"Freya," Harry's voice had a pleading tone to it.

"Harry it's not worth it." Hermione piped up from her spot at the table, in a sort of awkward tone considering the face off from the couple in front of her.

"Don't tell me what isn't worth my time Hermione." Harry snipped, not meaning to take on the harshness that had slipped out.

"It's just Malfoy mate," Ron stepped in after the snap at Hermione, something Freya took an immediate notice of, "He's a prick, just leave it."

"I can't be the only one who sees something is wrong here," Harry stood his ground rigidly, "Did none of you see the way Katie tensed up when he walked in the room? Even she couldn't explain it!"

Freya was growing tired of his heroic need to solve problems. Any other day she would have found it charming, cute even, but this need to "bust" Malfoy had grown out of hand. Freya herself could recognize something was up, but after all this was a tough time for everyone. They were teenagers.

"Harry enough." Freya kept a calm demeanor.

"No Freya!" Harry felt his composure cracking as his voice raised.

Freya needed only to raise an eyebrow for Harry to correct himself, "I'm sorry, just let me through and I won't do anything."

The blonde wasn't entirely sure if she believed what he was saying, but the growing stares from their peers around them was enough for her to give in. Harry gently walked by, straight out the door and disappeared around the corner.

Freya took a breath and turned back to Ron and a Hermione, both of whom weren't sure what to say.

"He's going to do something isn't he?" Freya sighed, rubbing her temple, and then brushing a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah," Hermione shook her head, "He is."