FIFTY ONE

"SO, HOWS THE engagement life treating you thus far?" Freya asked cheekily, it was well past midnight and the entire Majors family had themselves nestled into the family couch.

"I've been engaged for approximately 6 hours," Finnick rolled his eyes, "I haven had the chance to mess anything up yet."

"Ah, very true." The blonde laughed, receiving a rather nasty look from her brother.

"Cut him some slack Freya, he's gotten this far!" Greyson Majors chimed in, only slightly at his sons defense.

"Good grief! I cannot catch a break with you two."

"Did you really just say good grief?" Freya laughed even louder, "You really are getting old!"

"Yeah that was not a good sign," The man paused, "I'll take that as my cue for bedtime."

"Goodnight grandpa." His little sister teased as he ushered his new fiancée upstairs for the night.

"Goodnight imbecile."

Freya laughed audibly as Finnick made his way up the steps. It wasn't much longer until Greyson followed, his tired yawns becoming more and more frequent.

It was about 3 am when Freya was finally sitting alone in her family room. The warm fireplace made her feel at home, more so than she had anywhere else. It only made her heart hurt more to know soon small moments like this would be a distant memory.

Soon Freya's yawns came and she decided to head to bed, a half smile crossing her face as she walked up the stairs.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Freya! Wakey Wakey!" The blonde was shaken awake by her father as curses escaped her mouth.

"Good Merlin it's only 11," Freya groaned, tossed herself around in the mess of sheets she had created, "Go bother Finn instead."

"Now that I cannot do, considering he is already up and participating in functioning society," Greyson chuckled watching the mess of blonde hair in front of him protest, "It's Christmas Eve Freya lets go."

The teenager gave one final huff before forcing herself up and out of bed. She didn't give much thought as she roughly combed through her blonde locks in her wardrobe mirror and slid into some comfortable yet presentable clothes. Before she headed downstairs she remembered Harry had (not so willingly) lent her a sweater, which she threw on as well.

Begrudgingly she walked down the stairs and was met with the wide awake greetings of her family members. At first she fought the urge to groan, but quickly remembered she wasn't entirely sure how many Christmas eves she would have to look forward to.

"Good morning sunshine," Catherine beamed with only the slightest hint of sarcasm, "Coffee," she held out a steaming mug which Freya happily took.

The blonde enjoyed her coffee and glanced around her home when her eyes fell on stacks of luggage laying by the front door, "Am I missing something?"

Greyson sheepishly looked up from his newspaper before putting it down, "You've been awake for 5 minutes Freya, how could have possibly noticed that already."

"I notice everything father dearest," She raised her eyebrows, "Now what's with the luggage?"

"She really ruins everything doesn't she," Finnick teases as her warmly wrapped his arms around his new fiancée who smiled as he did.

"Who's going to tell her?" Catherine asked looked to both men.

"I was actually hoping I could."

Freya jumped at the foreign voice that came from behind her, almost spilling her coffee in the process. The blonde quickly whipped her head around to find none other than Nymphadora Tonks standing with a large grin painted across her face.

"Bet you couldn't have spoiled this one with that kind of yours," The woman teased as Freya still sat in a sort of shock.

"What in Merlin's name are you doing here?" Freya had clicked back into reality as her smile grew. Neither woman was much into hugging, so their happy expressions was enough to show their equal excitement.

"I am merely a part of your fathers Christmas Eve gift to his favorite and only daughter," Tonks announced, making Freya look towards her father who nodded with a smile.

"What's going on Dad?" Freya asked, truly still lost as to what was unfolding.

"Well," Greyson stood from his spot at the table, "Knowing you've finally made some friends, I thought it might be good idea for you to spend a holiday with them. My treat."

Freya was overjoyed of course, she thought she wouldn't be seeing her friends and lovely new boyfriend until well after the holidays, but a small pit of guilt rose in her stomach. Her smile faltered unnoticeably as she realized she would be saying goodbye to her family much earlier than expected.

"And it gets better," Finnick finally broke through the moment of silence, "We're coming with you!"

Relief washed over Freya as the news broke that her family would in fact be tagging along with her.

"Yes ma'am," Tonks nodded, "Muggles always welcome at the Weasley household."

Freya felt her chest warm with excitement as she ran upstairs to gather her things. The feeling of euphoria was short lived however as she came to one very pivotal realization.

It was time for her family to meet her boyfriend.

me finally updating this?? hehe maybe;)