FOURTY-FIVE

THE COLD AND harsh winds of winter were hitting Freya hard as she journeyed back from the Owlry after sending a letter off to her father. The peak of winter had arrived, and even self proclaimed stone cold bitch Freya Majors was freezing.

She couldn't have even been caught making the trip up on a normal day, but considering it was her father's birthday she decided to grit her teeth and bear it. She made sure to pack some pumpkin pasties inside, it was Greyson's favorite wizarding treat that he only got when Freya was away at school, much to his disappointment. Quite honestly, the sweets were all her understood about her kind.

"Well if it isn't Freya Majors," A snide voice chuckled from beside her, "Sending a letter home to daddy?"

"Bugger off Alkabar." Freya's voice cut through the cold air like the ice that hung from the corridor.

"Tst tst Freya," Leora Alkabar's face met the blondes eyes, "Started dating Harry Potter and now you think you're all that."

"How do you know about that?" She stiffened as her blood ran 10 degrees colder.

"Word travels fast about boy wonder, that is what you call him isn't it?"

"Listen Leora, I don't know what you want and quite frankly I don't care," Freya stepped to aggressively walk past.

"See you in hell Frey." The girl's cold voice called after her. The familiar phrase sent a chill down the blondes spine, she did her best to shrug it off but it seemed to stick in her mind like glue or lingering burn.

"With people like you alive, I already am."

Walking down the corridors Freya was on edge. Since third year she had avoided Leora immensely, and the feeling seemed to be mutual. Why did she decide to show up today? Freya's brows furrowed in concentration until she felt a gentle arm wrap around her.

"Good morning!" Harry cheerily smiled down at her, but due to her lack of paying attention she drove a hard elbow into his side.

"Oh my god, Harry!" Freya's eyes widened the the boy who was now holding his side and wincing in pain, "Im so sorry!"

"No, no, my fault," He groaned with a pained smile as he tried to straighten up to meet her eye level, "Shouldn't have snuck up on you."

"Sorry." Freya pushed some of her blonde hair behind her ear, "Just a little jumpy today."

"I can see that." Harry finally went back to normal, this time making sure she was watching as he returned to wrap an arm around her, "Any reason why?"

"Nope." Freya answered a bit too quickly, "Wanna head to breakfast?"

"Uh, sure." Harry squinted slightly as they began to walk, "I have to get some food in before the match."

"Ah yes, I almost forgot, Captain Potter."

"Has a nice ring to it I'd say." Harry nodded proudly, "I just hope we win."

"I'm sure you will." Freya placed a small peck on his cheek, "Captain."

"Speaking of forgetting," Harry stopped in his tracks and turned to face her, "I believe you owe me a date."

"A date?" Freya raised an eyebrow, "Oh yes, now I remember." She sarcastically teased him.

"Yep, a good old fashioned date." Harry nodded, "I for one am quite excited."

"That makes two of us." Freya half smiled and began walking again.

"So you haven't forgotten." The boy smiled brightly, "Good."

The couple then reached the doors of the Great Hall, Harry running in front to open one for her. His green eyes shined brightly when he received a kiss in thank you.

"And there's the happy couple." Neville teased as Freya slid in the seat next to him.

"And here's my fist." Freya taunted back, giving the boy a nudge.

"Surrender now." Ron groaned, flopping his upper body onto the table with obvious distress, "Freya always wins."

The group of friends all exchanged a look before turning their attention back over to Ron, who's loud sighing interrupted. The friends immediacy could tell something was up as they glanced down at his uneaten food.

"Something wrong?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, I mean you're right about me winning but you're not one to admit it." Freya added cheekily, earning an eyebrow raise from Harry and Neville, "Kidding."

"Quidditch!" Ron groaned loudly, "I'm going to fail so miserably Gryffindor might aswell kick me out. After this match I'm resigning."

Freya opened her mouth to protest something but a sudden urge came to her mind. As Harry and Ron talked more, the blonde quickly grabbed a napkin and snatched a quill from Neville who was attempting to finish his homework. Earning only a small protest, it was enough to get the job done. It was a rather inconvenient time for Freya to need to write, but control over it wasn't exactly an option. Once she was done scribbling she realized that it was rather short.

Harry decided to pour liquid luck into Ron's drink.

"Is that why you poured something in his drink?" Freya overheard the voice of Luna Lovegood from down the table. She then turned to see Harry, Ron and Luna all starring down at his cup. Harry's green eyes laced with a knowing look.

"Liquid Luck." Freya muttered under her breath, scrunching her brows. She had never had a writing so close to the actually event.

The next thing she saw was Ron downing the drink like he needed it to survive, which brought a smug smile to Harry's face.

"Come on Harry," The red head immediately perked up, "We've got a game to win."

"Yeah we do." Harry nodded his head giving Ron a high five, "See you guys around." Both boys waved and walked off.

Freya laughed to herself as Ron held his head high exiting the Great Hall. It wasn't until Neville asked what was in her hand that she read the note fully.

But little did he know, Harry didn't pour anything at all.

"That cheeky bastard."