ELEVEN

HARRY SUCCEEDED IN getting Freya to the hospital wing for a bandage. After being carried through the corridors Freya eventually gave in to Harry's request. She stopped fighting and went limp over his shoulder, with only the occasional complaint. Her annoyance wore off as they got closer and it was pretty much gone after she had been all bandaged up.

"You didn't have to do all this." Freya commented as Harry finished wrapping her hand with gauze.

"Of course I did, you took the blow for me."

"If it makes you feel any better it wasn't intentional." She responded, "It just came out."

"I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse."
Harry laughed.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"How did you know I was going to say something?" Harry asked after a moment.

"I guess I wrote about it on the train," Freya opened up, "I didn't really read it, my mind must have taken over."

"So your mind wanted to help me?" Harry asked, slightly amused.

"Don't push it Harry."

"Aren't your friends going to wonder where you are? I don't want my head on a stick because you decided to stalk me." Freya said.

"And just when I thought you had lost so much blood that you became friendly," Harry looked at her, "I told them I was in the library."

"Blood loss will never stop me from being a bitch, it's in my DNA." Freya pointed out.

"Your whole family bitchy?" Harry stood up.

"Ha, nice try Potter. You are not getting any personal info out of me." Freya cut him off.

"Fine, lets get you back to the common room."

"I can walk myself." Freya stood up as well.

"Do I have to carry you again?" Harry threatened.

"No! No, I guess you can walk me." She decided.

Freya walked a few steps in front of Harry as they headed back down towards the common room. Freya was somewhat enjoying the comfortable silence between the two.

"Harry!" A voice came down the hall, making both teenagers turn.

"Shit." Freya mumbled under her breath.

"Hey Hermione." Harry waved.

The bushy haired girl caught up to Harry and immediately began to interrogate him.

"I thought you said you were going to the library?"

"I did go to the library." Harry answered, lying.

"You weren't in there when I was looking for you." Hermione retorted.

"What are you his mother?" Freya muttered.

Hermione then noticed Freya's presence and stiffened.

"Oh." Was all Hermione could muster up, "Come with me Harry."

"Actually I was going to walk Freya back to the common room." Harry said, surprising both girls.

"What are you three doing out here?" Professor Snape emerged from one of the neighboring classrooms.

"We were just leaving." Harry grabbed Freya's arm and pulled her along.

"I was just um, going to the library." Hermione turned and walked the other way.

As Freya and Harry got farther away he finally slowed down.

"So much for them not looking for you." Freya looked at him.

"I didn't think they would." He responded truthfully.

"This is a bad idea Harry." Freya said after a moment, "I told you we can't be friends."

"We aren't friends," Harry answered, "I'm just walking a fellow classmate back to the common room."

Freya eyed him slightly but continued walking, "Good."