THIRTY

IT WAS EARLY MORNING a few days later when a knock came at the door. Freya was home alone, Finnick and her father had gone grocery shopping.With a yawn Freya rose off the couch and meandered to the door in a rather sleepy state.

"Hello?" Freya opened to door, squinting at the sunlight in front of her.

"Morning." A chipper voice came from a few inches below, scooting past her and into the house without a second thought.

"Catherine? What are you doing here?" The blonde yawned again, tucking a piece of hair behind her ears to see better.

"Just paying a visit." The young woman shrugged, going straight for the refrigerator.

"Uh Finnick isn't home." Freya followed her, sitting at their islands' stools.

"I know." The woman raised her expressive eyebrows, "Want some pancakes?"

"Pancakes?" Catherine nodded, a bright smile on her face, "Are you more of a chocolate chip or a blueberry girl? Wait let me guess, chocolate chip."

Freya just nodded along, even though it was only 9 o'clock it felt far too early for the blonde.

"So how did you little talk go?" Freya asked, getting up to grab a coffee mug from the cabinet.

"The hey I'm a witch talk?" Catherine looked over at her, "Pretty well I'd say."

"That's good." She poured a cup of caramel infused coffee, it was her absolute favorite, "Was he upset?"

"Only for a moment, mostly just because I didn't tell him." The woman gathered her ingredients and laid them out on the counter, checking to make sure she had everything.

Freya nodded, taking a sip.

"So tell me about you." Catherine's attention changed from the pancake batter and egg cracking, to the young blonde in front of her.

"Not much to tell," Freya admitted with a shrug, "I'm a witch, and I go to Hogwarts."

"Hogwarts." Catherine let out a small squeal, "Ive heard such great things about that school. I went to Durmstrang myself."

Freya remembered that school from the triwizard tournament a few years back, the school seemed incredibly tough and rigid, not at all like the woman in front of her.

"Yeah it's pretty good, except when the boy who lived attends." Freya took a larger swig, "Basically we live in a war zone."

"Harry Potter goes to your school?" Catherine's mouth dropped open, making her mixing spoon fall to the floor.

"Yep." Freya attempted to hid her flushed cheeks as she said his name, while Catherine went for the dropped spoon, "Harry Potter, messy black hair, emerald green eyes and full of sarcastic remarks."

"Sounds like you." Catherine cautiously joked, "Well the sarcasm part." This earned a nod of respect from Freya.

"We get along." She added, "Most times."

Freya went to take a final sip of her delicious coffee when Catherine asked her a question that just about made her choke on it, "So, is he your boyfriend?"

"No." Freya sputtered, wiping the coffee dribbles from her chin, "Not my boyfriend."

The woman was genuinely surprised by her reaction, she didn't want to seem nosy. She genuine thought the two were dating, why else would she have described his eyes as emerald green.

"Oh." Catherine looked down at the bowl, wholeheartedly not believe a word the teenager said. Sure, they may not be dating, but something was definitely up.

"Pancake?" She offered the blonde after a moment.

Freya responded by nodding and shoving it into her mouth, "Delicious." She said in between chocolatey bites, "so good." It was true the pancakes were absolutely amazing, she hadn't had one that good in many years. Freya was left completely ready for more.

Catherine was natural feeder, Freya quickly learned that, as she didn't stop the pancake train. She wouldn't have stopped either if it weren't for the rest of her family returning and cutting her off at 9 pancakes.

"Your girlfriend, is the best." Freya swallowed as Finnick looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "Can she come back tomorrow?"

The man tried to keep his content to a minimum, but seeing his sister and love getting along so well he couldn't help but smile.

"What do you say love, feed my sister again tomorrow?"

"I'd be my pleasure."