TWENTY FOUR

RETURNING HOME WAS something Freya didn't know she missed so much. Walking back to her her own room, and hearing her father fumble around in the kitchen did nothing but make Freya smile.

But it also made her sad, she knew it made it harder to leave every time.

The blonde brought her trunk up into her bedroom, then plopping down on her bed Freya sighed.

"Hi Mum." Freya rolled onto her stomach and looked at a photo on her bedside table. It was her whole family. Finnick, her father, and her mother.

"I've had a pretty crazy year." She continued, "But my writing finally did some good."

Her mother was the only one Freya would share details of her life at school with. It was a mix of the fact that Freya missed her, and that she wouldn't respond that made her open up. Freya didn't want to worry her father and brother with her other life, it was dangerous and increasingly scary.

After losing her mother, Freya knew they couldn't bare to lose her too. So she kept quiet, only sharing the beauty of the wizarding world.

"Anyway, something else happened." Freya paused lowering her volume, "A boy kissed me."

"His name is Harry, he's the one I write about." She explained to the photograph, "I'm not exactly sure what happened, all I know is things might be weird now."

"I wish you were here. You'd know what I should do. I'm sure as hell not asking Dad or Finnick." Freya sniffed with a laugh.

"Dinner!" A muffed voice came from outside her door.

"Coming."

»»-------------¤-------------««

The girl settled into her chair at dinner, both her father and brothers eyes boring into her. She tried her best to ignore it as she chewed, her eyes on her own plate.

"Something bothering you two?" Freya finally said looking up.

"No-" her father began to stay but was cut off my Finnick, "Who was that boy you hugged?"

Freya has dropped open slightly, she didn't know her family had seen her somewhat awkward encounter with Harry, she assumed they had only seen her wave.

"I told you, a friend." She adjusted in her seat.

"A boyfriend?" Finnick pressed further.

"No." Freya said firmly, "A regular, completely normal, average friend."

"Better be." Her brother took a bite, not taking his eyes off his little sister.

Freya's eyes narrowed as she looked at him, both participating in a famous Majors sibling stare down. Finnicks eyes board into her own, neither wanting to stand down, "No magic outside school." He taunted, knowing Freya's next move.

"Don't tempt me." She settled, not tearing away her gaze.

Greyson watched his children with an amused look. He was used to the bickering after all these years. So he waited their argument out, it was typical for Freya to win after about five minutes. That just happened to be exactly how it played out. Finnick gave up, tearing away his eyes and taking an aggravated final
bite of his dinner. His daughter had a smug look on her face, which reminded Greyson incredibly of her mother. Ever single time Greyson laid eyes on her he felt as though she was becoming more and more like Naomi. It made his heart swell, but it also took its toll on the aging man. He missed his wife terribly, Naomi was his best friend in every aspect. The two had been together since the 7th grade.

Freya knew of her father's grief, but seeing she could barely handle her own, she wasn't quite sure how to help him. The blonde decided taking her father's mind off the subject would do him the best.

"I made some friends this year Dad." Freya mentioned, making Greyson beam.

"Tell me all about it."