TWENTY EIGHT

FREYA COULDN'T WAIT for dinner that night. Catherine was coming over and would be meeting Freya for the first time. The blonde was hoping she was as wonderful as Finnick had described, if she was, Freya was sure they would get along.

It was also incredibly intimidating for her, her brother was planning to propose soon. What she was absolutely dreadful? Freya knew she couldn't stop her brother if it was what he truly wanted, so she just silently hoped for the best.

The blonde straightened her dress as she walked down the stairs, Finnick was already down there setting the table. Greyson was in the kitchen, cooking his infamous Majors family chili for dinner.

"Nervous?" Freya asked as her brother messed with the place settings.

"Actually not as much as I thought." He answered, straightening a fork, "I know you'll love her."

"If you do, I'm sure I will too." Freya agreed, continuing to watch him.

Both siblings finished setting up when a knock came at the door, causing both to jump. Finnick practically ran to answer the door, Greyson also heard it, dusting off his hands to go say hello.

"Catherine." Finnick beamed as he opened the door, revealing a brunette in a pale yellow dress.

"Hi." The woman kissed his cheek and politely walked in.

Catherine had petite figure, she was about Freya's size but Freya had a height advantage due to the woman's lack of heels. Her dorky nature came across almost immediately, which made Freya more comfortable.

"Hello Mr. Majors." She sweetly greeted with a large smile, "It's nice to see you."

"You too Catherine." The man smiled back.

Freya stood back for a moment, inspecting her quietly. From her first impression Freya liked her, but the night wasn't over yet.

"And this is my little sister I told you all about." Finnick introduced her, pulling Freya out of her thoughts.

"Freya, this is Catherine."

"It's so nice to meet you finally." The woman smiled warmly, taking the blonde into a hug.

"I'm so happy to meet you as well." Freya nodded, "Finnick has told me so much about you."

She watched Catherine's cheeks tinge pink as her brother grinned at her.

"Who's hungry?"

»»-------------¤-------------««

Dinner went incredibly well, Catherine was indeed as Finnick had said, absolutely wonderful. Her awkward demeanor gave a lightheartedness to the Majors family dinner table that they hadn't had in a while.

"So you go to boarding school?" Catherine asked, putting down her fork.

"Yes." Freya nodded, "I really enjoy it."

"Lovely." Catherine nodded, "I went to boarding school as well."

"Cool." The blonde acknowledged.

Everyone had just about finished up when Greyson brought out a bottle of red wine. Freya being the only one underage, didn't mind keeping to water.

Finnick was telling a story about his senior year trip to Scotland when Catherine accidentally spilled her glass. The red liquid was evident on her yellow dress that now had a large stain, "Pardon me, I'm so clumsy." She muttered dabbing at it, "I'll be right back."

The brunette got up to go to the bathroom to clean herself off.

"Why don't you give her some clothes Freya?" Greyson suggested.

"Okay." Freya shrugged, getting out of her seat. She quickly walked up the stairs and grabbed some leggings and a tee shirt for the woman.

Walking back down, Freya approached the bathroom to see the door cracked open. Glancing in she saw Catherine muttering something. At first thought Freya didn't even notice, but when her eyes diverted to small piece of wood in the woman's hand her interest peaked.

Freya knocked lightly at the door, startling the woman inside who placed a hand over heart and the other behind her back.

"I brought you a change of clothes." Freya opened the door further, her eyebrows scrunched as she tried to put what she had seen together.

If it wasn't the wood in her hand that gave Freya suspicion, it was the fact that the large red wine stain that had been there moments ago had vanished.

"How did you do that?" Freya pressed, making Catherine squirm to find a lie.

"I'm really good at laundry?" Catherine offered up, hoping that would enough to subdue her boyfriends little sister.

"What's that in your hand?" The blonde pointed.

"A washcloth." Catherine lied again, even less convincingly.

Freya studied the woman for a moment until the puzzle pieces inside her mind clicked, "You're a witch."

"A what?" Catherine stammered nervously.

"It totally makes sense," she continued, "Wood, stain gone, boarding school." The blonde was actually quite proud of her findings, "You are a witch."

"Witches don't exist." Catherine attempted to scoff, but her friendly nature only made her lying more evident.

"Oh really?" Freya raised an eyebrow, before slowly reaching in the back pocket of her own dress.

"Yes really." Catherine crossed her arms.

Quickly whipping out her wand, she pointed it right at the woman. Catherine made the mistake of responding, drawing out her own just as fast.

"Then why do you have a wand?" Freya's lips pursed.

"Better question," Catherine lowered her wand, "Why do you?"