SIXTY-ONE

FREYAS BLOOD FLOWED loudly though her ears as her heart beat loudly. Each member of the Order had split up to find ways into the tower.

The blonde silently pressed her feet against the concrete as she made attempts at finding any sort of alternative entrance, but remained unlucky. Her petite fingers grew white from her firm grip on her wand, the wood beneath it fitting perfectly with her hand.

Freya knew Harry was at least somewhat safe by her lack of injury, but it didn't calm her nerves enough to relax. The million different ways that night could go wrong blasted through Freya's skull at deafening frequency.

She just wanted to find Harry.

She silently continued her way through the corridor, her ears finely tuned to whatever was around her. It remained quiet until she began to hear the sound of labored breathed and loud but muffled sobs.

Freya gripped her wand and moved forward with caution, as she turned the corner her eye were met with a dark figure pummeling his hands into the concrete walls.

"Draco?" Freya's breath was caught in her throat as the name slipped out. She noticed his dark attire and face stained with the mark of many tears.

Draco's eyes whipped up towards her, immediately raising his wand in a frenzied state, "Stay back!"

The blondes heart was in her throat as he pointed his wand directed at her chest, one word and he could easily hurt her, "Draco what happened?"

"What happened?" Draco hissed, tears still flowing down his face, "I will kill you Freya Majors don't think I won't."

"You wouldn't do that," Freya gulped for air in her milliseconds of calmness, "You wouldn't hurt anyone."

"You're an idiot" He spat, his chest lugging the weight of his rushed breaths, "You don't know anything about me."

"I know I would be dead already if you really wanted to kill me," Freya's confidence slowly returned and she could feel her hands again, no longer paralyzed with fear, "But you don't want to do that."

Draco first were a bright white from the tight grip on his wand, it was surprising it hadn't cracked beneath his iron hold. His arm shook violently as he remained pointed at her, each second that passed pushed him further beyond his capacity to remain calm.

"You know nothing," His once icy tone had turned to a waiver whisper, "I am weak."

Freya lowered her own wand, no longer scared of the boy in front of her hurting her, but rather what he'd do to himself.

"You aren't weak Draco," Freya paused, "You have a good heart."

"Would someone with a good heart try and murder their headmaster? Would someone with a good heart become a Deatheater Freya?" Draco began to spiral again, but lowering his wand.

Freya's heart skipped a beat when she heard the words coming out of his mouth, her concern no longer lied with Draco but with Harry, and with Dumbledore.

"I know what you're thinking," Draco wiped his tears roughly, leaving behind red marks on his pale sullen features, "Go through that door and you'll find him."

The blonde glanced to the wall that revealed a hidden door, and then back at Draco. Her heart was torn. She wanted to go to her love, but she watched the empty soul in front of her and it pained her greatly.

"Go Freya," Draco shook his head, "GO!"

His sudden tone didn't give Freya much time to think, but her body caught up before her mind as she gripped the door and swung it open. Her feet carried her all the way up a set a spiral stairs, she never knew she would make it into the astronomy tower.

Her heart pounded as her eyes adjusted to the dark of the room. It was silent. Her blue eyes scanned around looking for any sort of movement. She couldn't find Harry, in fact there was no one there at all. The room was eerily empty.

Freya's breathing slowed, and she walked towards the edge of the tower, her eyes fell on the dark mark in the sky above her. It dropped her heart into her stomach as the green light ignited the sky.

Her eyes then looked down to the ground below her. Only she wasn't met with the grass, laying there was Albus Dumbledore, cold not from the air around them, but from death.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Freya hasn't realized she'd been crying as she ran down the stairs of the tower. It didn't settle with her until her shirt had now wet stains beginning to spread across the light red fabric, turning it into a deep crimson.

Her feet were tired and she felt like giving out, but her sneakers shoes continued on despite her body's protests. Freya broke through the bottom door, suffocating in her own breath.

"Freya?" A warm voice came from behind her.

The blonde whipped around, tears still gently flowing down her face as if she were a faucet. She didn't say a word but instead collapsed into hug, Sirius Black being the one to wrap his arms around her.

"Freya are you hurt?" The man worried looked her over, releasing her from his grip, the blonde in only slight hysterics shook her head.

"He's-" She whimpered, "He's dead."

"I know," Sirius had tears in his eyes, "They killed him."

Freya gulped seeing the man's own emotions, she herself had never been one to make a public scene.

"I should've saved him," She began to stammer, "I could've saved him."

"Freya Majors stop that right now," Remus Lupin was suddenly behind her, giving a glance at Sirius and then back to the blonde who was unraveling before him.

"Nothing that happened is your fault," Sirius agreed with his counterpart, "I'll be damned if you blame yourself."

"Wheres Harry?" Freya whispered after a moment of comfortable but sad silence.

"He ran," Sirius sighed, "At first he went after Severus, but when he realized you were missing his mission changed."

"Snape?" Freya was baffled, her mouth hanging open, "He's the one responsible for this?"

Both men simply nodded, an unsaid past hung over  them all, bringing the tension to a head.

"Freya?" A voice came once again from behind them, "Is that you?"

The blonde not so gently pushed her way through the two men to see Harry Potter standing there. His skin was stained with mud, only missing in spots where tears had cleaned them. His glasses laid crooked on his nose and his chest was heaving in attempts to catch his breath,  "Harry."

Freya could hardly get her words out and instead used all her energy to throw herself into his arms. Harry dropped his wand and the wood echoed as it hit the concrete while the two gripped each other tightly. Each teenager was using all their strengths in keep each other up and close. Harry had his arms so tightly around her, his hand gently stroking the back of her blonde hair in attempts to find any sort of comfort.

"I was so worried I lost you," Harry whispered, "I couldn't find you."

Freya's tears only increased as he said those words to her, for a multitude of reasons, "I was trying to find you boy wonder."

"You found me," He squeezed her, mustering up all of his energy, his own tears slightly blinding him, "He's dead Freya."

"I know," Freya croaked on her words.

"What are we gonna do now?"