SIXTEEN

FREYA AND HARRY were now being pulled down the stairs by Snape. Both wanted to talk too each but they were equally stubborn and neither made the first move.

Snape brought them all the way down to the potions dungeon and sat them down while he went to work.

"It appears there is a connection between the Dark Lord's mind and your own." He looked at Harry.

"And as it seems there is a connection between your mind and Mr. Potter's." He turned his gaze to Freya.

"As for now we must hope he is ignorant to the connection and your... ability Miss Majors."

"You mean if he knows about it he'll be able to read my mind?" Harry gulped.

"Read it, manipulate it." Snape nodded, still working on something, "The real secret here is Miss Majors, we must assure he never learns of her writings."

"H-How do we do this?" Freya asked.

"Occlumency," Snape turned, "In these lessons I will attempt to penetrate your minds. You will attempt to resist. Prepare yourselves."

Both Harry and Freya looked nervous, pettily avoiding each other's gazes.

"Miss Majors," Snape pointed his wand, "You first."

Within a flash all of Freya's life memories flashed before her. Her summer, her first years at Hogwarts. She attempted to hold him back but was making no headway. It wasn't until a flash of her mother's face that she began to resist, she couldn't get him out completely but she put up a fight.

"Surprisingly well Majors," The Professor bow pointed his wand and Harry, "Now you."

Freya watched as Harry squirmed and withered in the chair next to her. She bit her cheek to keep her mouth shut during his obvious suffering.

"Concentrate!" Snape demanded.

Harry was now dropping in sweat, thrashing as Snape further infiltrated his mind.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Freya tried to keep her mind off the Occlumency lessons when she could. She had yet to succeed in completely blocking Snape, but whenever he got near the memories of her mother she managed to block him out entirely. Harry however wasn't having the same luck. He struggled every lesson.

In terms of Harry and Freya's friendship they still weren't speaking. Ron attempted to speak to both and try sort things out but the teenagers were stubborn as hell. Neville had continued his own friendship with Freya in Harry's absence. They were often seen together during D.A. Meetings.

Ron and the Weasleys undoubtedly had a debt to Freya after saving their father. Each sibling knew it, Ron decided his repayment would be helping Freya and Harry make up.

"So are you and Harry good again?" Ron asked, throwing small ball against the Room of Requirement walls.

"Butt out Ron." Freya sighed, her eyes glancing up from her work.

"Come on Freya, it's my fault you're fighting. Just let me tell him what really happened."

"No." Freya shook her head, "You're his best friend and he's gonna need you more than he'll need me. So there isn't any use making him mad at you too."

"Seriously you blow my mind." Ron sighed, putting his head against his palm.

"What?" Freya asked.

"You act like you are some stone cold bitch when you really aren't."

"Ever think that I was painted to be a stone cold bitch to the point where I became one?" Freya pointed out.