NINE

THE TRAIN RIDE went quickly enough for Freya, with only one interruption from Harry. He apparently told everyone he was going to the "bathroom" but instead went to bother Freya. The conversation was short, as he didn't want anyone to be suspicious and come looking for him.

Once they arrived Freya quickly hopped onto a carriage by herself, she looked back slightly to see Harry watching her as he boarded his own. Freya found herself wanting to wave, but restrained herself from doing so. She didn't want give him the wrong idea. Freya Majors was not going to be friends with Harry Potter as much as it pained her to so. She thought he was a pompous jerk only months ago, but she was beginning to see a new side of him that she unadmittedly liked. They were similar people, that she would admit. Friends? Not if Freya could help it.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Freya was starving. All she wanted was for the feast to begin and the dumb speeches to be over. She wanted pudding and potatoes, and that's it, but no the professors talking seemed unending. The thought of food didn't last much longer when a cloud of pink stepped to the front, Freya's only thoughts were, "What the hell is that thing."

Dolores Umbridge was that thing, a woman made of kitties, pink and just little bit too much bitch.

Freya hated the woman instantly. The blonde had what she liked to call, "bitchdar." She could spot a bitch from a mile away, it takes one to know one she would always say.

"Merlin, I think I'm going blind." Freya heard one of the Weasley twins.

"Freya." Harry whispered, throwing a piece of parchment once he got her attention.

Sit with me in DADA?
~Harry

Freya looked at the note before turning back and making eye contact. She then proceeded to take out her wand and light the wad of paper on fire, disintegrating it in seconds.

"I'll take that as a no." He mouthed.

»»-------------¤-------------««

The first day of classes went smoothly for Freya. She did her usually, sit in the back, only speak up when someone was being stupid. The girl usually sat alone, she didn't really have any close friends, nor did she want them.

She managed to get through her first few classes avoiding the trio she had spent the summer with. Hermione was always in the front, Harry and Ron typically followed. Freya avoided Harry's gaze for the most part, only once did he catch her eye. Harry smiled his dopey smile and the blonde turned away.

It was now time for defense against the dark arts.

The blonde was digging through her trunk in the common room looking for her spare quill when she realized she had a long walk ahead of her. Once she found her quill, she quickly made her way though the common room and to the portrait, however Freya seemingly couldn't get through.

"What the fuck?" Freya tried to push the portrait forward.

"Language missy." The fat lady bellowed from the other side of the wall.

"Let me out, I need to get to class!" Freya pushed harder.

"No can do doll."

"Bloody hell, why not?" Freya huffed, getting angrier and more anxious by the second.

"Just give it few minutes and I'll let you through." The woman added.

"Are you kidding me? In a few minutes I'll be late to class." Freya pounded the door.

"Three, two, one..."

After wasted time the portrait finally opened and Freya bolted out. Not only was she running way behind, she had half a castle to navigate though before reaching her class.

Freya had almost broken a sweat as she ran down the corridors as fast as she could. Her hair was flying every which way and by the time she reached the classroom she was panting. Luckily she had made it with a few seconds to spare.

The girl opened the classroom door and walked in to see every sit filled with chattering students. Freya's eyes scanned the room before landing on the only empty seat in sight. Second row to the back was Harry Potter giving Freya his most innocent smile as he patted the seat next to him.

Freya's gaze hardened as she walked over to the seat and put her books down.

"You are a very lucky girl Freya, the only seat left just happens to be next to the boy wonder himself!" Harry snickered.

"It's only funny when I call you boy wonder." She huffed.

"Regardless you're quite lucky I saved you a spot."

"You saved me this spot?" Freya raised an eyebrow as she propped her head against her elbow.

"Had to kick Ron and Dean out so I could have to the pleasure of sitting next to you."

"I'm guessing the Fat Lady was you too?"

"I had absolutely no idea what you're talking about-"

"Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations,"
A voice cut through the air like a knife, "Otherwise known as OWLS."

"Bloody hell." Harry and Freya muttered in unison.