FIFTY-FOUR

HARRY HAD BEEN noticeably attached to the Marauders Map in recent times. Freya would catch him checking it at random moments with puzzled looks, but she didn't need ask what it was about. She knew from a writing the previous week it had something to do with Draco Malfoy and his scheduled disappearances. Harry had become obsessed with figuring out what exactly Malfoy was hiding, and it certainly wasn't helping that Dumbledore was ignoring him. Freya could see how the treatment from his mentor was affecting him, it was obvious the desperation Harry had succumbed to. She truly did feel bad. The professor had become aloof to nearly everyone, only checking in with the blonde every so often to ensure their secret had remained in tact.

Her boyfriends distraction was on her mind as she sat up at her desk, finishing that nights Herbology work. It wasn't Freya's favorite subject by any means, so she sat there fighting off her yawns as she scribbled random answers and words down on her scroll.

As she did so she suddenly felt overcome with a very familiar feeling, she had to write. The blonde had moments to collect some fresh parchment before her eyes faded to black and her hands began to write.

»»-------------¤-------------««

As soon as Freya had read what she had written she was on her feet, rushing back down from the bedrooms and out of the common room down the hall. Her foot steps were loud as she ran through the corridor, and as she approached Slughorn's office she could hear the faint sound of Harry's voice.

"Okay you're in love with her, have you ever actually met her?" Her boyfriends voice was laced with confusion.

Freya knocked loudly on the door of the office, pounding her pale fists into the wood, but hearing the dropping of glass she knew she was merely seconds too late.

"Ron!" She heard Harry's voice slip into a panic, while Slughorn had swung open the door for the blonde to enter.

Freya immediately ran over, seeing Ron withering on the floor, "He's been poisoned Harry."

The green eyed boy slipped into his mind thinking of a way to help. Freya however knew, he had the answer. Almost as quickly as it had all happened Harry was demanding a Beazor. Freya had learned from her writing this was in fact the cure. She watched as Harry shoved it down his throat, praying to Merlin it would work as he hoped it would.

At that second Harry actually recognized Freya's presence, as Ron's head was placed in her lap in attempts to keep him from choking.

"How did you know?" Harry asked raising a thankful eyebrow.

"I write the future," Freya answered frankly, "Duh."

As the two talked one Ronald Weasley came choking back to life. He sat up from his position, hacking to clear his throat of the foul taste that had entered it. Looking around he saw Freya, Harry, and Slughorn, and he was incredible curious as to all this had ensued.

"These girls," He gasped wide eyed, "They're going to kill me."

Freya laughed slightly at his timely joke, "If you don't kill yourself first Ron."

»»-------------¤-------------««

Freya stood with her arms crossed as the people around her in the Hospital wing rummaged about. McGonagall and Professor Snape had made their timely arrival, and Dumbledore followed suit soon after. Ron was entirely passed out the bed, evidently exhausted from the nights events. Horace Slughorn merely stood their with a slightly dumbfounded look on his face, as if he were deep in thought.

"Quick thinking on your part Harry," Dumbledore began after a moment of assessing the damage done his student, "And thank you for the assist Miss Majors."

Both teens simple nodded as the old man continued on, "You must be very proud of your student Horace."

"Oh yes," Slughorn nodded feverishly, "Very proud indeed."

At that point Professor McGonagall began to interject, "I think we can all agree their acts were very heroic, but it does beg the question, why were they needed?"

The blonde began to zone out as the adult continued to discuss the drink that Slughorn had given Ron Weasley, but did in fact tune back in when they mention it was intended to be a gift for the Headmaster himself. She felt an odd pit in her stomach as that bit of information was brought about, but that was quickly interrupted by a freakish screech that would only belong to a certain plant-named Gryffindor.

"Where is he?" Lavender's voice cut through the air like a freshly sharpened knife, "Where's my Won Won?"

Freya fought the urge to roll her eyes into the back of her head and never retrieve them, but her better instinct led her to only bite her inner cheek.

"Has he been asking for me?" The curly haired girl asked in a craze.

This time Freya was fighting off laughter.

At that point Lavender Brown had noticed the appearance of Hermione at Ron's bedside, which brought a flaming red to her cheeks, "What is she doing here." The brunette seethed.

"Might I ask you the same question?" Hermione shot back, still surged firmly in her chair next to the bed.

"I happen to be his girlfriend." Lavender retorted confidently.

"And I happen to be his," Hermione faltered slightly, "Friend."

The two girls continued to bicker, and Freya was finding it harder and harder to keep composed. Harry however had completely zoned out, essentially from the moment Lavender had made her grand entrance into the room.

"Herm-" All the suddenly Ron began to stammer, his eyes still shut tight, "Hermione."

Oh boy. Ron had really stepped in it now, Freya thought to herself. It was took all of her strength to hold back a snicker as Lavender rushed out of the wing, her tears already flowing.

Freya wasn't exactly proud of her reaction, but she couldn't deny its hilarity.

Maybe it was the surviving bits of stone cold bitch in her, after all Harry couldn't have possibly melted it all just yet.