FOURTY-SEVEN

"IM SERIOUS HARRY," Freya pouted with her big blue eyes, "It's as if I don't even exist!"

"Oh please, I'm sure it's not as bad as you say."

"They stare Harry, it's like you're the hottest bloke they've ever seen."

"And I'm not?" Harry faked a hurt expression as he put a book away on the shelf. The couple had been studying and talking about the upcoming Christmas dinner during their time in the library.

"Merlin Harry you aren't getting it." She sighed, slumping back into her seat.

"Okay okay," Harry grabbed her hand, "I understand, but what you need to understand is that I don't care if they stare."

Freya scrunched her eyebrows as Harry continued.

"Because I'm staring at you." He pulled her up to his level from her chair. Freya reluctantly half smiled as he hugged her, "Plus it's cute when you're jealous."

"Oh you're gonna get it now Potter."

»»-------------¤-------------««

Freya was expecting Slughorn's party to be boring, but she had certainly underestimated the ability for potions conversation to ruin a party.

The blonde had agreed to attend with Harry, who practically had to beg. Freya did not want to spend a free night with a professor who couldn't even be bothered to learn her name. Never the less, she grit her teeth and stuck through it, even buying a new dress just for the occasion. Harry rather enjoyed it, and made sure to tell her multiple times.

He made his attempted to make the night more fun, but Freya didn't start having a good time until Hermione came running over.

"Hide me!" She quickly ran behind the couple.

"Uh," Harry turned back to face her, "From who exactly?"

"My date." Hermione sighed and ducked lower.

"Who is?"

"Before i say, you should know I was very vulnerable and had a clouded mindset," she explained, "I-I guess I wanted to make Ron jealous."

"That doesn't sound good." Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Well," Hermione swallowed, "Who do you think would upset him the most?"

"Bloody hell Hermione did you bring Malfoy?" Harry glanced around the room, but the blonde Slytherin wasn't in sight.

"No! Of course not," the brunette shook her head, "A close second though."

It took a moment but Freya caught on, "You didn't."

"Who?" Harry asked, confused.

Instead of answering Freya broke out into laughter and could barely control herself, "Just when I thought this was going to be a snooze fest the whole night."

"Who?" Harry asked again, you guessed it, confused.

"I know! I know." Hermione sighed loudly, Freya just kept laughing, "You know this whole being nice to each other thing might not work if you don't stop laughing."

"Sorry, sorry." Freya said in between slightly more muffled giggles.

"WHO?" Harry finally caught the attention of both girls.

"Cormac McLaggen." Both girls said in unison.

"There you are Hermione!" The boys voice came suddenly from behind them.

"Here I am." She said half heartedly.

"Let's go get a drink." The boy pulled her off without a second word.

"Tragic." Freya laughed while Harry himself snorted.

The two sat around a little longer until Freya spotted Neville handing out drink and decided to go pester him. She left Harry alone and dashed off to go talk.

"Well if it isn't little miss Majorie." Neville teased as he saw the blonde approach, earning a swift annoyed look.

"Haha very funny." Freya rolled her eyes.

"Care for a drink?" He held out the tray.

"Spiked?"

"No."

"Then no."

It was then Neville's turn to roll his eyes.

"Fall asleep yet?" He asked, knowing full well about Freya's boredom.

"Surprisingly no," she answered, "How's being Slughorn's bitch?"

"Welp, can't say it's been fun." Neville shrugged, "But I'm making do."

"Care to ditch with me?" Freya glanced around the room, "I can grab Harry and we can get the hell out of here."

"I'm pretty sure he's one step ahead of you there." Neville tilted his head to the door where Harry was sneaking out.

"Damn, can't say we don't think alike." She turned to follow, "Want to join?"

"I think I'll pass," The boy shook his head, "If I stay long enough maybe I'll actually get invited to the next one."

"Good luck with that kiss-arse."

Saying goodbye to Neville, Freya made her way through the group to reach the door Harry had left out of minutes prior. Leaving was actually a highlight of her night. Never in her life had she been to such a boring party. A part of her mind was also curious as to why Harry left. It wasn't like him to leave her behind. As she walked down the corridors she spotted him down by the corner. Freya walked over but the boy didn't notice as she approached.

"Boo." Freya tapped his shoulder causing Harry to jump and whip around, "Woah woah, it's just me." Freya held up her hands in defense.

"Sorry." Harry took a breath, "You startled me."

"Yeah no shit." Freya sniffed, "I can't believe you thought you could escape that hellhole without me."

"Oh yeah sorry about that." Harry scratched his head, "Just got caught up."

"Is everything alright?" Freya raised an eyebrow with concern.

"Have you written anything lately?" The raven haired boy abruptly asked.

"No," She shook her head, "Why?"

"No reason." Harry shrugged her off, "Wanna head back?"

"Hell no." Freya quickly answered.

"Wanna go back to the common room?"

"Now that I can get behind."